Auto-trail Delaware Actual Payload (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
We have owned our Auto-trail Delaware since late 2016 and as it is listed as 4,500kg I have never bothered taking it to a weigh bridge, assuming that I have a massive payload. I had some work done to it in recent weeks for which it had to be empty. When I was taking it back to storage yesterday (still empty), I passed the farm's weigh bridge which was being manned, a rare, if not unique occurrence! Thinking it was as good a time as any to tick that box, I popped in and asked him if he would weigh my motorhome. With half a tank of fuel, empty water and waste tanks and no-one in it, it weighed 3,650kg. As he didn't charge me, I felt it was a bit cheeky to ask him to weigh front and back axles separately! The weight also includes Al-ko levellers, a Watling tow bar, Glide-Rite rear air assist and an inverter.

Add to this:
45 litres of fuel at around 0.85kg a litre, totalling 38.25kg to fill my 90 litre fuel tank;
130 litres of fresh water, totalling 130kg;
100kg for me and 75kg for Hilary; all totalling 343.5kg.

Adding this to the weigh bridge total of 3,650kg, makes a grand total of 3,993.5kg, giving me a remaining payload of 500kg.

I am very happy with this, but understand that it isn't a massive figure. As we usually carry 20kg of drinking water, as well as crockery, cutlery, tools, 2 Bromptons, a telescopic ladder, a considerable amount of clothing, towels, bedding, food and numerous other items, and we have a Fiamma 500 litre box to attach to our to-be-customised bike rack, we will have to keep a mental note of the mounting weight as we repack for holidays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back