LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I've just been and viewed a m/h and the owner comes across as very genuine, pointing out all the little niggles etc.
I didn't get to see the habitation test paperwork but he did say that there was a comment about a slight damp area by the door. The only explanation he said he could give was that he thought it was where it was parked, with the prevailing wind blowing rain into the door frame?!
I couldn't see or smell anything damp and I'm hoping to take hubby back with a damp meter....should I steer clear at this stage? Could it be something very simple?

My other worry is that it is a 2l engine. It's only 21ft max, will it be under powered? I haven't driven it yet.

Any comments on this model?

Thanks for reading :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You definitely need to see all the paperwork, hopefully he has owned the van for a number of years and will have a extensive folder of testing/service/repairs.

Any damp problems should be addressed and can be expensive to repair.

Your van will probably weigh around 3400kg when loaded and with only 83hp and 142lb/ft of torque it will never win any traffic light drag races.

The torque the engine generates is probably a more important indicator as to how it will drive day to day.

If you are concerned about performance make sure you have a reasonable lengthy test drive on open and flowing "A" roads with a few good hills.

I hope this helps (y)

Saw this and thought it might assist
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...5IGYDQ&usg=AFQjCNEzJgjFhGEsBM4PlXCxtdAR5MYDNg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thanks, that's a great help :) He has owned the vehicle for 8yrs and said he had a considerable amount of paperwork to hand over. He's the second owner, having purchased it with 19,000 miles on it and now it has 30,000.

I did ask about the performance and he said that it has never really struggled up hill but was honest enough to say that he never went faster than the lorries, just enough to not be a nuisance to them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back