Auto Sleepers Northants (Merc 2.2 Auto) (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2008
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 625
Exp
7 YEARS
Hi,

Any thoughts / experiences on the above please. Happy with the van we have, but really taken with the Auto Sleeper and MB quality and the auto box would be a big plus.

Looking at one on a 2013 plate with 22k on the clock. Main concerns would be durability and reliability as we would plan to keep this van for some time. See a lot of older Auto Sleepers around which appear to be in good fettle and well screwed to gether. Local MB commercial centre tell me mileage not any issue. Key points are service history and using good quality oil.

All comments would be welcome.

Thanks,

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
We have a 2011 Autosleeper Worcester on a Mercedes chassis with 2.2 engine and the autobox. 50,000 miles, shaken over Polish, Romanian and other not so brilliant roads and it's all holding together well. It's excellent to drive and with 160 bhp never short of power whatever the mountains throw at it. We have no plans to change it. Have today order a set of 5 new tyres at some expense but will be off into Europe again soon. Check the tyres carefully for sidewall cracking and between the treads - the less they're used the more likley they are to degrade (as I understand it. If the layout suits you I would go for it if I were you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back