Auto-Sleepers 2017 Peugeot Cornimum Duo : got vs need (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hi All,

Hoping to pick up a 2017 Auto sleepers Cornimum Duo in the next few weeks (<Broken link removed>). I understand it has a factory immobiliser and comes with all keys including the spare set. It also has a hab door lock as in the pic below.

door-handle-lock.jpg

What I do NOT think it has is an Alarm or Tracker. I wonder if anyone has the same 'van or experience of them who could tell me what I "could/should" have and if I need to fit an after-market/3rd party alarm and/or tracker and if so, what the recommendations are.

Thanks!

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I’d be very surprised if it didn’t have an alarm or tracker! Give the dealer a ring to check before anything else....... :unsure:

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Just clarifying those points with them, they confirm immobiliser but awaiting details on the existence of Alarm and Tracker and hence wanting to know what others have or could recommend; liking the VanBitz Strikeback/Growler system if I need to go down that route...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is it not a case of what your insurers require, and not what you would like.
Unless you want t spend on your choice and then again on insurers requirements

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Looking to meet the insurer's requirements at a minimum, my own peace of mind at best but no intention of buying twice.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Had a strikeback alarm fitted early this year.

based on their reputation for aftersales service, and being also around for a number of years.

their alarm system (and probably others) take their power from the engine battery.

So to avoid a flat battery i fited a solar panel that powers the lesuire battery.
they include their battery master in this set up.
The battery master privides a trickle charge to the engine battery, thus negating worries about flat batteries.

so far rock solid.

other solar systems appear to be able charge both batteries,
so you will need to find out the system in your van, and research how it will link to any alarm system.

All part of the joys of a van..!

Apr 1, 2018
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
A/S Corinium RB
I think it comes with a Hal locate tracker as standard which just needs activating

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I’d be very surprised if it didn’t have an alarm or tracker! Give the dealer a ring to check before anything else....... :unsure:
Why we don't and I suspect lots of others don't either.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Why we don't and I suspect lots of others don't either.
.....but on a 2017 registered ‘van? Perhaps on older models, they were not fitted ‘as standard’, but nowadays more usual? :unsure:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
.....but on a 2017 registered ‘van? Perhaps on older models, they were not fitted ‘as standard’, but nowadays more usual? :unsure:
I think most will have just the factory fitted immobiliser. I keep meaning to fit some flashing blue LEDs I bought but otherwise really on steering wheel lock and wheel clamp.

Apr 1, 2018
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
A/S Corinium RB
Thanks. Will do a search. Any clues as to how I'd identify it physically...?
Look at the battery under the floor in the cab and you will see 2 additional wires heading towards the passenger door. Don’t want to put too much info out, is there any way I can message you direct on here ?

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Look at the battery under the floor in the cab and you will see 2 additional wires heading towards the passenger door. Don’t want to put too much info out, is there any way I can message you direct on here ?
Click his name then “start conversation” that will direct msg him

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Just to update (without giving too much away) as it may be useful for others; thank you all for your advice of course.

There was an old HAL unit installed but as it was no longer (or maybe never) registered, the associated SIM was dead and its number reused, and so a new unit was purchased. Good on HAL retailer though as they did a deal on the new system as it would have cost the same in labour to replace SIM and re-register.

A new unit is installed and all is good (apart from both my leisure and cab batts going to 6v shortly after install which is another thread and a mystery).

In summary, seems like the pre-2018/19 AS Corinium Duo did indeed have a tracker fitted as standard and that was a HAL unit.

As for 'Got vs. Need'; as with most folks, we've not been out enough to know really...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back