Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Any A/S owners having problems locking the hab door?
Mine is very erratic. Using the key fob, sometimes it will lock/unlock then it won't! :Eeek:
Have looked on other forums (A/S Owners forum) and it would appear that this is a well klnown defect.:Angry:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dont know if I had responded to the post on ASOF but our van is similar to yours but on a Ford.
I have had problems with the Sietz door locks but last week I noticed it wasnt locking properly on the bottom lock. Removed the trim panel and there was a broken spring dropped out (its about 5mm o/dia and the spring portion is around 5mm long) This has obviously been the problem so I now have to find a spring !!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I had the same problem with mine. Intermittent working. When the van was serviced at the A/S service centre I mentioned it and was told that there are almost always two reasons and shown how to do it. A) misalignment of the contacts at the top of the door - simply open the door window, find the two upper door hinges, slacken off slightly and adjust the door where it might have sagged slightly and re-tighten. B) is where the wire terminals behind the door frame have either broken or not making good contact. Gently prize off the plugs undo the screws holding the cover on and re-fix.*

A third reason is the obvious one - initially the door would not lock until we realised that we were not shutting it properly. Like a car door it has two clicks for shut and the first one will not always make contact

* disclaimer. any information given in this post was based upon advice given to me by a third party and I have not done it myself and therefore am not responsible for any damage that might be caused as a result. I let A/S do the work..........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had a similar problem with our previous A/s Windsor which was due to a misalignment of the electrical contacts fitted to the door.
This is a small plastic block, approx 30mm long, with 3 sprung protruding contacts which should mate with a similar block with 3 fixed contacts on the door frame when the door is closed. ( these may be reversed i.e fixed contacts on door)
These contacts must be clean and can be adjusted to meet correctly ..... I actually had to drill new holes to move the block.
Brian

Dux got there first!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
funny old thing

Thanks for your posts and actually I believe I have managed to sort it out Having taking your advice I checked the contacts and I don't think they were making contact so I adjusted them & Bingo a result !!
As for the broken springs this happen to us just as we were leaving for Spain in Jan First the top spring broke and then on our way back in April the bottom one broke also. I had to tie them both down with small straps and then took it to A/S to have them repaired. NOT cheap for 2 springs!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back