Auto Sleeper Kingham? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
2020 Auto Sleeper Kingham, what do you think of this model or a Malibou 640 LE ?

colyboy

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
2020 Auto Sleeper Kingham, what do you think of this model........

colyboy
Have to admit to being biased, but I love the layout of the Kingham. Mine is just over 3 years old and apart from a couple of relatively minor issues, it’s given close to 30000 trouble free miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Also biased as have Kingham. Layout feels open to us. Bed is really comfy but toilet compact. Room to lounge at front. Owned for 2 years and it’s been no problem so far, 15000 miles. But with all layouts there’s a compromise so what works for one another will hate

exupmonkey

Free Member
Apr 11, 2020
Dumbarton
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Another biased contribution here, bought our AS Kingham new a couple of years ago. Our dealer was absolutely dreadful, AS were dreadful, everything that could have gone wrong has ( the list of faults is eyewatering - new swivel bases, new Sargent unit, new iNet box, drawer fronts falling off, taps loosening off requiring the vanity unit be dismantled, Trauma requiring factory reset, AdBlue system fault, felt lining falling away from walls being but a few of the more noteworthy faults). But, all that being said, we absolutely love it, especially now that it doesn't fall apart.... touch wood! We love the comfy fixed bed and the fact that there are two separate lounging areas if either of us being a tw@t! The toilet is a squeeze if you are slightly more rotund than your average but that's OK for us but it should be a consideration before choosing. We had the microwave and the massive unit its housed in removed and it makes a massive difference in terms of 'opening up' the van, also worth considering if you mostly wild camp like we do.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Our Auto Sleeper was riddled with damp in the side and rear at 2–1/2 years old, main roof light over the cab they fitted with screws that were too long and had burst through the cab roof fibre glass In 4 places. Plus a list of other serious faults and non serious that would have filled both sides of A4 paper.
It got that bad that we hated the sight of it when we opened the curtains in a morning, The last time I went to the factory to pick our van up it was covered in what I thought was ash and when I complained they said that it wasn’t ash but had been parked by a van that they had been grinding the fibre glass roof.
Another time it went to the factory For some repair work on the bathroom door when I got the van home there was a 1inch split in the worktop I phoned the manager straight away and he said his men would have reported any damage done by them whilst in for repair and refused to do anything about it.
I could go on, it really makes my blood boil when I talk of that awful Auto Sleeper Broadway £60000 of rubbish.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back