Auto sleeper harmony 1995 water heater (1 Viewer)

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Good evening troops.

My mam has the above model and is a little uncertain about a few things regarding the water heater. (Cascade) She seems to think that it only works on gas and not elecky. with the cold weather coming in she would have to keep the water heater on all night to keep the frost at bay using the gas all night.
This does not seem right to me.

Is there anyone out there who owns this model and could spread a little on the subject please. She lives on it and is worried about things freezing up.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I have the Symphony version on a 1997 Boxer and mine works on gas or electric.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it would appear the carver Cascade 2 is gas only and the Cascade 2 GE is both gas and mains electric.

so it depends which model is fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Many thanks for replys

Will have a hands on look in the morning, she has just gone to bed after a 5 hour drive down to Southampton from Stockton on tees, very proud of her as she is 60 and not used to motorways. Well never been on any like this to get here. Staying on my driveway for the next few weeks so will have the time to sort things out for her with the help of you guys.
Bet she got the older version which runs on gas only, just her luck.
Many thanks

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Paul

How do you plan to combat the attack of the frost?
How many tanks do you have open to frost?
just trying to get a idea of how to help her out. Will post some pics of on board controls to see if you have the same set up. looks the same by photo on profile

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the heater will only fire when the water temp drops to a set point and will run until the water is at approx 65deg c.

the boiler has a heat loss of 3deg c per hour so will probably only kick in maybe once every hour and a half to two hours.

it takes 25 mins to heat to 65deg from cold so it may only run for 10 mins or so at a time if no water is drawn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Many thanks Pappajohn.:thumb:

So it is not as bad as it sounds then. Thankyou for taking time out to gather info

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Autosleeper Harmony 1995 water heater

Hi I have a 1994 AS Trophy. Water works on gas and leccy. Took a while to get the gas working as air in the pipes, but that was all.

Couln't get the leccy side to work. Got it checked out and all it was was a switch had tripped out under the sofa - I would never have found it! This is over and above the isolation switch on the wall, and a RCD unit in bottom of kitchen cupboard.

Bye the way, green charging light not working on unit, and could not find a battery charger, so assume that battery does not charge while on hookup?
Have you got charger? If so where is it?

If you could send me picture of unit on wall. if same as mine I can send you copy of instructions that I have as pdf.

Anything else, please pm.

Regards, S.:thumb:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Hi Mark,
Just got back yesterday from a week away and after emptying all our gear I thought I may as well 'winterise' the van, so emptied cascade water heater by unscrewing the large plastic screw in bottom lend-hand corner and leaving to drain (takes a good half-hour), emptying fresh water tank from underneath and emptying toilet flushing tank. Waste water tank was already emptied on site. I've left all taps open. That reminds me I must leave a note in van to that effect or the next time I use it and fill tank, it will pour out everywhere.

Cheers
Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back