Auto shut down wire (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I am about to install a satellite dish and the instructions state that for for automatic closing of the dish when starting the engine, the yellow wire must be connected to '+15 vehicle line'.
Apparently, it should carry a voltage (I assume 12vDC) when engine is on and no voltage when engine is off.
Can anybody tell me where I can pick up such a feed?
For info I have a Swift Bolero 684FB

TIA
John

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
often the best place is behind the fridge where it switches to 12 volt when on the move. I must admit Iignored it but of course have to remember to put the dish down before every journey. I guess if you have an auto step there is summat similar

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
On Rapido it is already provided at the satellite or TV connection point in a wardrobe or cupboard. Are you sure yours has no such feature? Usually marked as a D+

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I used the 12v supply to the fridge that is only live when engine on.. 3 amp inline fuse fitted at supply end.

This was very convenient as the dish is mounted above the fridge .. I picked the connection up in the wardrobe next to fridge.

It's worth connecting.. it's all too easy to drive off with a dish up.. did it a few times with a Maxview manual crank up

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
On Rapido it is already provided at the satellite or TV connection point in a wardrobe or cupboard. Are you sure yours has no such feature? Usually marked as a D+
Thanks for that. I noticed that, in the cupboard above the fridge there is a false back, having removed the cover I found a plug marked Satellite connection :blush::doh:
image.jpeg

It has 3 wires one of which (yellow) is +14v with the engine running (y)
The decoder has the wires below.
image.jpeg

Red, Brown and Yellow. I assume the two yellows should be connected but wonder if it matters which way round the other two go?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back