Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Hi there, any satellite wizards out there. We were parked up at falkirk with full satellite locked on, all OK. Moved 50mls north to Perth and now the dish will not lock on. Other motorhomes have their dishes up & running so assume no problem with signal. I have also had a mine re-configured sinc sky moved the satellite. Any help would be appreciated.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
To the best of my knowledge Sky have never moved the Satellite. If they did then all of the fixed dishes on houses would be stuffed. Replacement satellites are parked in the same position as the older one. They have changed the transponder codes which is the bit that our searching satellite dishes look for as they spin around, but even that, I have only had to reconfigure our Oyster once in seven years and that was five odd years ago, been alright since.

Methinks, you have not got a clear line of sight. The app SatCatcher is excellent, to allow you to check for this. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Thank you for correcting me, of course it was the transponder codes that need updating. I will try the app.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If you find that you do have clear line of sight, then I would change the LNB. It does not happen much, but it might have gone phutttt. If you do change it then buy a good one, because it has to spot the satellite in a very short time as the dish spins. Elcheapo’s are not good at that, or so Ten-hafft told me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back