Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
I am aware of the narrow footprint of the new Sats apropos uk tv and limited reception on the continent, have inherited a now defunct Oyster 1 no longer upgradeable and now got it back from Ten Haaft, plugged it back in, but, now showing Y Motor Error, aint life grand, now awaiting word back on how to fix this.
However im not even sure its worth fixing and chewing the cud over wether or not to just replace it with a new system and if its even worth having compared to decent dvb antenna.
I invite your kind comments?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Occasionally I get an E24 on the screen on mine... I just shut it down and put it up and it disapears ... :love:

No idea what E24 is... might be worth a try a few times.. (y)

OP
OP
merovingian

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Could be lack of power to the antenna motor but the batteries are at 14.7 volts but having googled it i found others with the same problem but no detailed fix, so i am waiting for a heads up from Ten Haaft. Since the control box will no longer find the satellites, thought i could try putting an inline seeker between the dish and the control box, but no idea if this would work. I know you have to stop the auto search before it starts its box motion and then fine tune manually, but hey ho we will see i guess

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Last weekend I had an X motor jam ( X is round and round, Y is up and down )

Spent an hour + stripping the whole lot down and then resetting all the park points etc etc

Possible causes
Motor its self has failed
Cable has failed
Plug in the bottom of the dish assembly either not quite home or connection corroded
Feed from the control head not working ( as in no voltage coming from control head )

I never did get to the bottom of my fault.. After stripping it completely apart, drilling out the rivets that hold the two halves of the gearbox together and taking that apart, everything seemed to be moving perfectly fine ( the main X bearing is a little tighter than I would have liked but still easily moveable with two finger hold ).
Put it all back together and whatever had caused the jam had cured its self !

It is all very nicely made and put together and I would say within the ability of most people who can use a spanner with some basic skills (y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I wonder if there's much point in having satellite on a MH since the footprint changes.

Digital TV with a decent antenna will get loads of channels in UK, much cheaper, even if there are trees in the way. Abroad it now seems you can't get much at all on satellite, if you're going far enough south for decent weather.

OP
OP
merovingian

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Well, had quite enough of the money grabbing Oyster people, so I have unmounted the whole heavy system and replaced it with a smart little Necvox ant 536 and frankly its the Dogs, passed it up through the roof using the old Sat cable route, clipping the 5 metre long supplied cable with cable ties along the path of the old one.
And there it sits firmly anchored on its strong magnet base and the image is outstanding.
Got belgian 1.2.3.and euronews plus a load of radio stations. Just waiting to see what I pick up as i roll further south, France is well supplied with TNT stations,will reserve comment for Spain later on, like "really retired" said it's cheap, cheerful and does the job, best record Corry for when you get home, I speak French and German so am I bothered?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back