Austria Visit.....possibly Summer 2020 (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2008
Possibly visiting Austria this Summer as part of a 6 month European tour. No particular itinerary just a list of countries / places we may visit. Having never driven in Austria is it relatively easy to avoid motorways, tunnels etc? Keen to avoid the whole 'GO Box' palaver if at all possible.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I am currently in planning for Austria and the only experience I have so far is to go over the glossglockner and travel wither side of it via Millstat. Roads were really easy to follow and of an excellent standard.
I am over 3.5 as well and planning on carinthia and see no need for a go box as travelling north to south and not east to west so limited amount of travelling

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You can easily avoid the motorways and need for a go box however if there are road closures or divisions you can easily end up on motorways And get fined so just need to check the road conditions Regularly during the trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I am currently in planning for Austria and the only experience I have so far is to go over the glossglockner and travel wither side of it via Millstat. Roads were really easy to follow and of an excellent standard.
I am over 3.5 as well and planning on carinthia and see no need for a go box as travelling north to south and not east to west so limited amount of travelling
You will love Carinthia, one good campsite down there is camping Arneitz on the shores of lake faak and they do the Acsi rate? You can get a bus to Villach and half a mile up the road is a train station that will take you to a few places (Klagenfurt and Tarvisio I think)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Carinthia looks to have a significant amount to do for us. Some good youtube videos.
Have eye on a couple of campsites in mind around klugenwhatsit and millstat and then onto bled

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The minimundus is good for half a day (Klagenfurt) and the pyramidenkogel (Reifnitz) is ok for a couple of hours, also Burg Hochosterwitz just up from klagenfurt?? have a great time?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think in summer you'll have little difficulty avoiding motorways, winter would be a different story.
Lovely country enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back