Austria Vignette now online (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Can't see if this has been mentioned before, but you can now buy your Austrian vignette online for vehicles upto 3.5t: https://shop.asfinag.at/en or via the ASFinAG app "Unterwegs" (available on all mobile platforms). All 3 versions (10 day, 2 month, 1 year) are available and if you buy online then there's no sticker needed - its just linked to your number plate. You do need to purchase it at least 18 days in advance though so you'll still need to stop and buy a sticker if you don't/can't plan ahead.

You can also pre-purchase your extra toll sections for some of the mountain motorways/tunnels. Looks like these are valid immediately, no need to wait 18 days - might be useful for singletons in a RHD MH?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't see if this has been mentioned before, but you can now buy your Austrian vignette online for vehicles upto 3.5t: https://shop.asfinag.at/en or via the ASFinAG app "Unterwegs" (available on all mobile platforms). All 3 versions (10 day, 2 month, 1 year) are available and if you buy online then there's no sticker needed - its just linked to your number plate. You do need to purchase it at least 18 days in advance though so you'll still need to stop and buy a sticker if you don't/can't plan ahead.

You can also pre-purchase your extra toll sections for some of the mountain motorways/tunnels. Looks like these are valid immediately, no need to wait 18 days - might be useful for singletons in a RHD MH?
and it is very simple to buy at the last filling stations before the border

OP
OP
DangerMousy
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
and it is very simple to buy at the last filling stations before the border
Yes of course that's still an option - I just thought that maybe some people might be interested that it can be done online now.

Personally I don't like having too many stickers cluttering up the windscreen so I think its great that you can in effect just register your number plate online. Its a bit annoying that you have to do it so far in advance, but that's not a problem for us this year as our plans are pretty much set now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Yes of course that's still an option - I just thought that maybe some people might be interested that it can be done online now.

Personally I don't like having too many stickers cluttering up the windscreen so I think its great that you can in effect just register your number plate online. Its a bit annoying that you have to do it so far in advance, but that's not a problem for us this year as our plans are pretty much set now.

We bought ours online earlier this year. As I understand things, its been possible since December 1st. last year. As said, I dont like having stickers cluttering up the windscreen. Not only that, it also means I dont need to break the journey to call in a service station. So for me its the preferable way to do things.

How true this is I dont know, but I was told the vignettes are checked using ANPR on the rear plate. This could be correct as the online vignette is also available for motorbikes which dont have front plates. How it works with a sticker in the windscreen, or on the fork leg of a motorbike is anyones guess.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Wasn't knocking your very helpful post, just saying that it's still available easily if you are too late

OP
OP
DangerMousy
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
How true this is I dont know, but I was told the vignettes are checked using ANPR on the rear plate. This could be correct as the online vignette is also available for motorbikes which dont have front plates. How it works with a sticker in the windscreen, or on the fork leg of a motorbike is anyones guess.
Probably they can read either number plate coz it sounds like they use mobile cameras:

https://shop.asfinag.at/en/faq/#217:

How is the use of the digital vignette monitored?
As before, random checks are carried out by the service and toll enforcement unitas well as by the cameras for the automatic monitoring of toll stickers. There are up to 20 mobile cameras for the automatic monitoring of toll stickers - their locations are constantly changing.​

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

I think the sticker version will have to be policed manually as before, but as we have discussed in other threads, until you posted that a few weeks ago I did not realize you could get digital vignettes. However the vignette on the fork legs of a motorcycle, it's kind of a "Look how far I've been" statement. I see bikes (including my own) with sometimes up to 5 years worth of vignettes on them:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
or stay off the motorways and enjoy the scenery :D travelled from Italy to Germany last week without any tolls and very few trucks to worry about as they stick to the motorways,

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
I think the sticker version will have to be policed manually as before, but as we have discussed in other threads, until you posted that a few weeks ago I did not realize you could get digital vignettes. However the vignette on the fork legs of a motorcycle, it's kind of a "Look how far I've been" statement. I see bikes (including my own) with sometimes up to 5 years worth of vignettes on them:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@WESTY66 If I remember correctly, you travelled down about three months or so before the digital vignettes were introduced. You are of course correct, they are a kind of Badge of Honour. Travelling that kind of distance on a bike is a lot different to doing it in a motorhome, or anything else with more than two wheels for that matter. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back