Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
just come back from here
Link Removed

luxury of own heated bathroom, amazing, plus heated ski lockers, but if you didn't want to stump up for it, there was ordinary camper van parking with hook up available
can be accessed without go box via fern pass
ski bus stops at campsite every 15 mins, between 7.30 and 11 am the hourly until 3.15pm and every 15 minutes again
10 minutes maximum to slopes

ski pass covers st anton, lech, zurs, st christoph and rendl

the only thing i would say, was depending on ability the skiing is quite challenging and st anton really should be done for trade descriptions. The snow was incredible - we were lucky I guess with 7 hours of clear blue skies every day
very few of the blues are true blue, more like reds, with verging on black in occasional places
reds often better as not as chewed up into moguls by the afternoon
blacks quite challenging
off piste ski trails galore
Lech and Rendl much more suited for beginners/timid intermediates

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
just come back from here
Link Removed

luxury of own heated bathroom, amazing, plus heated ski lockers,

Ooh I do like the look of that! Do you know of any other sites with similar facilities? We have a PVC so limited space but that posh shed could make it a different experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
I think it's the only site with "ensuite" facilities. It was great though, all our ski wear drying and warming, large shower cubicle to jump straight into on return and space to put outdoor shoes and all the washing up.
We were told mayhofen was good by fellow campers, but not with the same "ensuite" facility.
Solden was our other choice, but we were on a waiting list over half term for a space, which didn't materialise, should be availability now though.
Broken Link Removed
This is centrally located so good access to town facilities and they gave just been filming the new James Bond film on the slopes there.

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hello, Just read your post re Camping Arlberg. Im goign out on 22nd December for 5 weeks. Looking at doing a week each in France, Italy, Austria and Switzerland was thinking about this site for one of the places in Austria. guessing you receommend it. Whats the vill age like? plenty of Apre ski?

anywhere you else you have been you could recommend

thanks

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
5 weeks skiing - very jealous! Here goes long answer:
camping Arlberg - in pettneu
site is right next to ski bus for 10 minutes max into St Anton. However bus stops about 8 at night apart from the "exhibition night" in St anton - great entertainment and buses available until 11pm
has the wellness centre which has an amazing pool, sauna and restaurant.
Heated ski and boot lockers
Pitches available with heated shower hut/ utility area for washing up and spreading out/ drying Al, your ski gear NOTE big extra cost, but lovely. "Ordinary" pitches also available which are nearer entrance, pool and bus stop and obviously a lot cheaper
See photo attached image.jpg

There is another site in pettneu , much more simple, much cheaper and possibly closer to the village - depends what you want, haven't tried it.

Pettneu is a very simple/ basic village - a few shops and bars and steep walk from the Arlberg site (20 mins up, 10minutes back)
Pettneu has a few ski slopes, but they were closed and positively green when we were there. St Anton is great for some challenging skiing.

I would also recommend hiring a locker in St Anton for Ski's - it makes life so much easier, back and forth on the bus and apres ski - quite lively
Avoid half term at all costs here - really really busy

Another recommendation - already full for Christmas with waiting list, but vacancies after 2nd January is at Fieberbrunn in Tyrol
http://www.tirol-camp.at/en/
This is quite near all facilities of Fieberbrunn -bars, supermarket etc and a few minutes walk from the ski lifts, which this year connects with new gondolas etc to hinteraux and saalbach - looks great

We are booked for champ du moulin, Les deux Alpes straight after Christmas and Solden for Easter

Hope all this helps

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
jeesus christ joseph and mary... Just checked out the price at Tirol, wow, what a campsite, but going for the deluxe pitch with 2 dogs, and it comes in at 90e per night... phew... good job I am only booking 7 nights. !!! #

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Sounds fantastic. High price tag, but the skiing at St Anton is fabulous and should give you a bit of challenge - gets quite mogully around St Christoph if that's your thing! For a bit of "posh" get yourself over to Lech for a day - heated chair lifts, no bakery, but an expensive watch shop and Mercedes dealership to accompany the cruisy skiing.
You and the dogs will love the heated bathroom
We are off to another luxury camp resort in Austria at Solden
The Austrians do camp skiing well

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'd be interested in the apres-ski lol

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
You are not welcome in Lecht or Zurs in a motorhome. Fine = €700
i did say it was posh! However bus is easy and the whole resort is linked by ski runs and cable car now.
It is only one days skiing also, so not worth stopping, just visiting, whereas st anton has enough to keep you going all week and more

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
jeesus christ joseph and mary... Just checked out the price at Tirol, wow, what a campsite, but going for the deluxe pitch with 2 dogs, and it comes in at 90e per night... phew... good job I am only booking 7 nights. !!! #
Wow. that is expensive. I know it's no good for skiing but we stayed there in summer using our ACSI card for about €15. Fantastic site though.

Jo n Steve

Free Member
Dec 2, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Staying at Pettneu. Superb site and great bathroom.
We got the bus over to Zurs for a few hours the other day. It was a real scramble there and back, so decided to take the MH over to Lech yesterday. We followed another MH into the car park and was advised by the attendant where to park and that there wasn't any overnight parking. Cost us €7 for the day....a real result, considering the return bus from St. Anton to Zurs cost 4 of us €30.

Last edited:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We aren't going this year due to family reasons.

Therefore we will be grumpy and not offer any help on any skiing thread whatsoever this year.:(
You have every right to be grumpy - wot no skiing? Defies the purpose of having a motorhome

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
13 days and we're offree to Mayrhoffen
We were cycling at Mayhofen in the summer, but didn't go up the mountain, so be interested in hearing about it. We stayed down the valley at the most luxurious campsite ever " camping hell" ( yes really) in Fugen.
We will pass you on your way back on the Fernpasse on our way to Solden with a definite day in Obergurgul. Look out for brilliant stellplatze at Nesselwang which has night skiing, we hope to try if we get down in time on day one.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We were cycling at Mayhofen in the summer, but didn't go up the mountain, so be interested in hearing about it. We stayed down the valley at the most luxurious campsite ever " camping hell" ( yes really) in Fugen.
We will pass you on your way back on the Fernpasse on our way to Solden with a definite day in Obergurgul. Look out for brilliant stellplatze at Nesselwang which has night skiing, we hope to try if we get down in time on day one.

done Nesselwang last year..lovely little place..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back