Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Bristol Balloon Fiesta Funster Rally. (Brsitol) (3 Viewers)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
BBQ sounds a great ideal. We'd be up for that.

@Popeye isn't it worth a "punt"? Send off your form, I'm sure you'd have a van by August and if not, nearer the time you could sell your place on. Would be great to have a GnT.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
There have been castle, house, Homer Simpson, bee, fire extinguisher, superman, skydiver, batman, bat, shuttle, Tesco trolly, van, car, truck shaped balloons over the years take off from Ashton Court. I think as Cameron Balloons (manufacturer) is pretty close it's probably one of the reasons the fiesta has (pardon the pun) taken off here.
There have been some really spectacular mass ascents from the fiesta, seen most from the train on my way into work the last several years. Get up really early on ascent days, I think they kick off about 5.30 - 6.00 am.:Eeek: The best ascent I saw was on a very clear and still day, very little wind which meant they could all get up and the mass was enormous before they slowly went to the East once they got high enough to catch a small breeze - spectacular.

What do we think about (when we get nearer the date) organising a barbeque evening, one of the evenings where there is no night glow????:clap2:

Could be a giggle :laughing:

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

The mass ascents were something to see - Usually accompanied by the sound of 100 dogs barking from Ashton Park to Bath as the balloons went their merry way!

A barbi sound good to us.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bootneck

Free Member
Sep 19, 2009
Herts
Funster No
MH
Class2
Exp
8yrs
Sent form and cheque off today so as soon as we get emailed ok I will let you know

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Cheque and Form filled on for Howie and in the post.(y)

@Trikeman Sorry to cause admin 'issues' but as Howie is currently lazing in the sun and being spoilt by Dutch ladies in darkest Portugal, I'm sending off the relevant bits on his behalf. The email address for confirmation is his.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Cheque and Form filled on for Howie and in the post.(y)

@Trikeman Sorry to cause admin 'issues' but as Howie is currently lazing in the sun and being spoilt by Dutch ladies in darkest Portugal, I'm sending off the relevant bits on his behalf. The email address for confirmation is his.

Bertie,
Is the form filled in his name and email address his - as in you just completed it for him? The lucky ******* being spoilt by Dutch ladies AND a secretary in UK filling forms in for him.

The forms don't come to me they go to Terry - if it has FUNSTER on it with the relevant Fun 'handle' then it should be OK. Please tell him to let us know when he has the confirmation email through - we can put him on the list then.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bertie,
Is the form filled in his name and email address his - as in you just completed it for him? The lucky ******* being spoilt by Dutch ladies AND a secretary in UK filling forms in for him.

The forms don't come to me they go to Terry - if it has FUNSTER on it with the relevant Fun 'handle' then it should be OK. Please tell him to let us know when he has the confirmation email through - we can put him on the list then.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Yep he's watching the thread and the form is as you say. Relevant confirm details are his but my cheque. Saying in case Terry get's confused by different bits. As to secretary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,err no I'm his bloody PA:D

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Yep he's watching the thread and the form is as you say. Relevant confirm details are his but my cheque. Saying in case Terry get's confused by different bits. As to secretary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,err no I'm his bloody PA:D
Lol, thanks Bertie! This PA is worn out!

Kath

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
balloon fiesta friday 018.JPG
thought we would share with you

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
BBQ sounds a great ideal. We'd be up for that.

@Popeye isn't it worth a "punt"? Send off your form, I'm sure you'd have a van by August and if not, nearer the time you could sell your place on. Would be great to have a GnT.

You temptress Dawn, don't you think you've cost me enough already this year ..... how does Martin put up with your extravagant outlook.

..........get thee behind me she-devil....:devil:

Only joking, I have one or two more hospital visits before August so I really shouldn't. Plus Jackie has a fairly major op in two months time and she'll really need some convalescing.

Bbq sounds great, I would gladly do dwinkies, GnT, Pimms, Campari, Iced Tea with a twist and vodka........yummmeee.

I won't book it but I hope we'll be well enough to attend.........

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
You temptress Dawn, don't you think you've cost me enough already this year ..... how does Martin put up with your extravagant outlook.
..........get thee behind me she-devil....:devil:
Only joking, I have one or two more hospital visits before August so I really shouldn't. Plus Jackie has a fairly major op in two months time and she'll really need some convalescing.
Bbq sounds great, I would gladly do dwinkies, GnT, Pimms, Campari, Iced Tea with a twist and vodka........yummmeee.
I won't book it but I hope we'll be well enough to attend.........

Best wishes to you both.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Broken Link Removed isn't it worth a "punt"? Send off your form, I'm sure you'd have a van by August

Yep,we'd be up for a bbq too and I will volunteer Les for cooking

Cliff from @cliffandger is very handy with a cadac

Cheque and Form filled on for Howie and in the post

Lol, thanks Bertie! This PA is worn out!

Best wishes to you both.

Hold the front page...........If you lot think you are having a rave without Griff think again.......Form printed out, filled in, and posted to Terry.

I'll come stocked up with something liquid.....what I call Girlie drinks,
plus I'll get to meet Howie and Kath, perhaps they'll let me sit in there new "camper-van".......I don't think so. Looking forward to meeting so many new faces at this one including the temptress who made me upgrade my MoHo.

getting excited already.........Griff
...:cheers:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Brilliant. Good decision. Really looking forward to it.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hold the front page...........If you lot think you are having a rave without Griff think again.......Form printed out, filled in, and posted to Terry.

I'll come stocked up with something liquid.....what I call Girlie drinks,
plus I'll get to meet Howie and Kath, perhaps they'll let me sit in there new "camper-van".......I don't think so. Looking forward to meeting so many new faces at this one including the temptress who made me upgrade my MoHo.

getting excited already.........Griff
...:cheers:

Excellent!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hope this is right. Filled in the form, written *FUNSTERS* and Tootles on the top, ready to post off to Terry with a cheque for 4 nights, £48.00. Is that right

That's all I did toots.......aye 'ang on a goddam minute, no-one told me toots was going.....dat puts a whole new perspective on things......:crying: :wink:

Yeah, looking forward to it even more now and to comparing medical notes Toots-sweet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back