Attention!! (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Old Soldier here. Been a member for some 5 years but was too miserable to join in.... Have now retired and have cheered up no end! Married to Les, who is now having to put up with me at home in Wells or in the van wherever we may be. A mug shot will follow in due course if I can find one where I'm smiling....
As the name implies, I spent many years in the services followed by more years working for a couple of local boarding schools. Les has worked in the charity world so between us we are good learners, willing to fight our corner and pleased to accept charity from wherever it comes from!!
We love our old van 'Elle", a Swift GazELLE, she has served us well over the past 10 years, before that we had various caravans. I started camping / caravanning with my parents in the 50's and it has been in my blood ever since.
I guess that will do as an intro, best to keep it short and sweet......
Regards to everyone.
Pete and Les Penfold.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
images

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Bloody hell!! That was quick! Thanks very much Movan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome! Hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to meeting you both on meets some time! :welc:

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks Jim. I will remember that when I'm having a day off...I mean an off day!

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Welcome! Hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to meeting you both on meets some time! :welc:
Thanks Gerri. Rallies are not our cup of tea but we could be persuaded to try out a "meet" or two.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys(y) and its longer than most;) and you'll find plenty of old solders on here, mostly totally mad has to said:p

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Pull up a sandbag mate, you'll fit right in here (y)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Gerri. Rallies are not our cup of tea but we could be persuaded to try out a "meet" or two.
We were the same, ten years of caravanning and never once went on a rally. Bought a MoHo in September and were a little worried so went on a Fun meet in Wales and had a fantastic time! Then went on another and again had a blast! My other half (Ockerron on Fun) is ex army and I was in the RAF. He's now happily retired and I'm ...... Jealous!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From another old soldier, Welcome! And no that's not me in the picture but I took it. Just been going through all my old slides and digitizing them and found this shot from 1977. Might bring back a few memories for the very old soldiers amongst us.
Rattlesnake Road.jpg

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there Pete & Les and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
welcome , this site is brill for info, chat and masses of fun, always someone to answer or pull your leg, enjoy

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks for the welcoming messages and posts, much appreciated. Good to hear there are a few squadies amongst you. As for pulling up a sandbag, I'm afraid they were all used down here in Somerset last winter, thankfully some have dried out since then so you might get an old tale or two before long......so take cover!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
2010 :Eeek: Well now you've done it joined in with the mad oops mean fun house sounds as if your ready to dip your toes in the water now :welc:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi and welcome from Thebus Phoebe and Me

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Pete and Les (from another Les)
:welc: Lots of laughs on these forums! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back