May 29, 2018
Brayton, Selby.
Funster No
MH
Chausson.
My Response:

Hello Philip

Thank you for your email.

In order to help continue to drive interest and growth in The Club and touring holidays, we offered a Site Night Voucher to new joiners during January and February this year. Growing our membership is so important to ensure the organisation is here for everyone in years to come, so that it can continue to support its members by offering them the largest network of quality campsites and all the other benefits and savings membership offers for the years’ ahead.

This promotion was not available to current members or on renewal and we can only apologise for an internal miscommunication that has caused this confusion. Just to clarify that we are no longer running the new joiners promotion and this finished 28 February 2021.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Ali Mevlit
Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
T +44 (0)1342 318813 – Enquiries/Membership
T+44 (0) 1342 316101 – Overseas Travel
W www.camc.com

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Another official response that is economical with the truth, to say the least .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I'm deeply concerned in what I read, I believe that the CAMC do an excellent job and our membership of, is very reasonable .
What is wrong with my fellow campers that are asking for free nights to compensate the loss of being able to use the full services of the club during the pandemic.

What else are you going to ask for, 'a credit from your insurance company for not being able to use your M/H'.

The list could be endless, what a bunch of tight fisted campers you are, I am sorry to have you as friends!!!!

Years ago I was involved with a National organisation in the UK that organised a rally for aircraft owners, private pilots, aircraft restorers home builds etc. The 'Committee' and other helpers, marshals' etc ALL, and there were plenty of them expected to attend the event, (which cost thousands to put on) for FREE.

With an attitude like this the event struggled, whilst a similar organisation in the USA went from strength to strength.

At the US event EAA Oshkosh, everybody pays the admission fee, right up to the Chairman and President!!!

Why are we so tight.
Please read the thread to understand we want them to treat everyone fairly, it’s not about the voucher, thanks and I would have loved to go to OshKosh. I had an offer many years ago to have a flight in a B25 Mitchell going OshKosh if I could get out there, but work got in the way.😝

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum or within the CAMC monthly newsletter
I had reason to engage with the CAMC via the Chat portal this evening. During conversation I sought information around any reimbursement of membership for the three month period covering Jan to April 2021, during the period that sites could not be used.
Very helpful in that the headquarters stand point is that no credit to yearly membership is to be given but a one night site voucher will be provided at renewal. The Chat operator took my membership number and stated that the voucher would be created. It appears that its not a case of HQ creating voucher for everyone but a case of 'don't ask and you don't get'.
In the words of the supermarkets' EVERY LITTLE HELPS'
What a load of meanies, I believe the C&CC gave members a 3 month extension.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
These are the words stated by CAMC

There was a decition to not extend the memerbhip as we have had the phone lines open at all times during this period and still offering advanced bookings and member offers. To be able to keep the club functioning for the future the decision was made not to extend, however we are offering members who renew during this time a free site night voucher that is worth more than a pro-rata extension on the membership.

No doubting what a sites night voucher is worth then, on goes to show how exorbitant the CAMC site fees are.

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
My Response:

Hello Philip

Thank you for your email.

In order to help continue to drive interest and growth in The Club and touring holidays, we offered a Site Night Voucher to new joiners during January and February this year. Growing our membership is so important to ensure the organisation is here for everyone in years to come, so that it can continue to support its members by offering them the largest network of quality campsites and all the other benefits and savings membership offers for the years’ ahead.

This promotion was not available to current members or on renewal and we can only apologise for an internal miscommunication that has caused this confusion. Just to clarify that we are no longer running the new joiners promotion and this finished 28 February 2021.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Ali Mevlit
Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
T +44 (0)1342 318813 – Enquiries/Membership
T+44 (0) 1342 316101 – Overseas Travel
W www.camc.com
Hopefully the new members will keep our fees down and compensate for the loss of revenue. Cost to me ..zero as I will recover my membership fee with my 5 night club booking.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Hopefully the new members will keep our fees down and compensate for the loss of revenue. Cost to me ..zero as I will recover my membership fee with my 5 night club booking.
Love the sites

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Do you mean you will recover your membership fee because you will not have to pay the non-member £12 per night penalty? If so I find that a really strange way of looking at it.

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
Do you mean you will recover your membership fee because you will not have to pay the non-member £12 per night penalty? If so I find that a really strange way of looking at it.
Yesas the sites are excellent and I would have booked otherwise. Not so strange really as we book private and various club sites ( there is a pandemic and the sites are of course ..over subscribed! )

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Same here .However quick phone call and voucher on its way.

i just called and they’ve told me they stopped this last month!

Can anyone confirm if they’ve called this month (March) and got the free voucher?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Be as cheap to stay in a Travel Lodge as pay the non member price..BUSBY.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019

Can anyone confirm if they’ve called this month (March) and got the free voucher?
At least 2 posted in this thread that they got vouchers agreed on March 3rd

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Be as cheap to stay in a Travel Lodge as pay the non member price..BUSBY.

Can’t see travel lodge being very happy with anyone setting a bbq up and sunbathing out the front, chair and footstool out, beer in hand.

I’ve never understood the comparison between the cost of a night away in motorhomes and hotel rooms, if we all bothered to work out the true cost of motorhoming per night most if not all would agree that the cost exceeds that of a cheap hotel room.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Can’t see travel lodge being very happy with anyone setting a bbq up and sunbathing out the front, chair and footstool out, beer in hand.

I’ve never understood the comparison between the cost of a night away in motorhomes and hotel rooms, if we all bothered to work out the true cost of motorhoming per night most if not all would agree that the cost exceeds that of a cheap hotel room.
Exactly.
We have a variety of reasons for buying a motorhome, least of all in order to have cheap holidays.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Just a comparison on how expensive Club sites are for non members ,,,Never managed much BBQ ing in the UK,,the rain puts them out..BUSBY😃😃

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Not when you go away for six months a year,,could not afford hotels for that long and would not want to..Just showing how expensive CLUB sites are for non members ..BUSBY.

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp

I got in contact with them on March 3rd after seeing this thread,my renewal date 28 February paid by direct debit.They sent my my free night as a thank you for renewing membership.

Attachments

• 99C3B889-6F00-40B8-BCD4-48B2A5E239B2.jpeg
    99C3B889-6F00-40B8-BCD4-48B2A5E239B2.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 26

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
You're all making it up. I have it in writing absolutely no one received a voucher for renewing. Only for joining. 😁😁
Absolutely ! It was just a communication error and the vouchers were only ever issued to new customers ,even if official letters state otherwise.🙄
Seriously , you couldn’t make this shambles up .
If you push them too far for an explanation they get quite aggressive and suggest you leave 😂😂😂

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
You're all making it up. I have it in writing absolutely no one received a voucher for renewing. Only for joining. 😁😁
Can you pm me a copy of that as I have an official complaint lodged with the ‘ Senior Management‘ but I am not holding my breath😙

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Absolutely ! It was just a communication error and the vouchers were only ever issued to new customers ,even if official letters state otherwise.🙄
Seriously , you couldn’t make this shambles up .
If you push them too far for an explanation they get quite aggressive and suggest you leave 😂😂😂
Glad I left,,liars,,😀BUSBY.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Our membership is due up on 20th March. I contacted them via their chat system and started by saying that we hadn't been able to use their facilities due to C-19, blah blah blah.

Anyhow, I asked if they had any rewards/incentives for those members who supported their club? No, but Mr Lomas sent us a letter asking for our support to help the club during these times. Ok, I got that, but what gesture of good will is Mr Lomas going to offer loyal members so their support continues? "None".

I dropped the one night voucher incentive then and was told that was only during January and February for new members. I asked why our loyalty and support over the years hasn't been recognised and I also said that the C&CC gave their members a 3 month extension? I was then told " yes that's true but they have to stay with the club for at least 18 months then" I then said that at least they recognised their members and its a poor show how the C&MC are treating their existing members and that we won't be renewing.

Then I was asked if there was anything else they could do for me to which I replied "yeah, you can tell Mr Lomas he's a $#@%".......no not really but I felt like it.

C&CC are cheaper anyway and you don't have to polish your boots before stepping out of the van.

Really bad customer service and a poor retention attitude.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back