Attachments (1 Viewer)

DFP

Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Can someone tell me how I attach photos to a thread on forum. Had a look on help section, but couldn't find it. TIA

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Click on 'Attach files' bottom left of your screen.
1651759785962.png

OP
OP
D

DFP

Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Mmm tried that but didn't work on my phone, perhaps it's due to poor signal or my incompetence🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As above.
Click attach files.
Select files.
Find the pic you want to attach and click it.
It will appear at the bottom of the text box.
Click insert then you have a choice of thumbnail or full size or if it's the wrong pic click the dustbin.
If the file is too big it won't post and will need reducing
That's it.

Latest grand daughter....kerellia
IMG-20220505-WA0000.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
As above.
Click attach files.
Select files.
Find the pic you want to attach and click it.
It will appear at the bottom of the text box.
Click insert then you have a choice of thumbnail or full size or if it's the wrong pic click the dustbin.
If the file is too big it won't post and will need reducing
That's it.

Latest grand daughter....kerellia
View attachment 614520

Ah yes good explanation and understood, but how does one get the photo from a mobile to the laptop as a file in the first place please?

We knew how to do it from a camera but most are now on the phone.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you have android phone and windows laptop, set up google drive on both then you should be able both back up and use, your photos from each device.

I use iphone and ipad so photos are stored in a similar way on iCloud so what I take on the phone appears as if by magic on the ipad and visa versa.
A clunky way is to email the photo to yourself from phone, I do that on rare occasions that I want a photo from iphone to windows laptop.

Fat Albert

Free Member
Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Ah yes good explanation and understood, but how does one get the photo from a mobile to the laptop as a file in the first place please?

I just email it to myself using 2 email address's. Longwinded but it works for me, I'm sure I'll be shot down in flames as there must be an easier method;)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If you have android phone and windows laptop, set up google drive on both then you should be able both back up and use, your photos from each device.

I use iphone and ipad so photos are stored in a similar way on iCloud so what I take on the phone appears as if by magic on the ipad and visa versa.
A clunky way is to email the photo to yourself from phone, I do that on rare occasions that I want a photo from iphone to windows laptop.

Thanks Annie,

Just to show more of my ignorance, is 'google drive' some sort of 'cloud'?

How does one ever get introduced to such things, as I have never come across that title?

Geoff

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks Annie,

Just to show more of my ignorance, is 'google drive' some sort of 'cloud'?

How does one ever get introduced to such things, as I have never come across that title?

Geoff
Yes it is a cloud service. You get quite a bit free. You download the app on your phone and the software to your laptop.

Google allows all users access to Google Drive. Google Drive is cloud-based storage which allows users to save files online and access the same from the device of their choosing including smartphones, tablets, PCs, iPhones and iPads. The company offers all users 15 GB of free storage on Google Drive.5 Aug 2021

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It is not the only service you could use, there is Microsoft Onedrive (no free starter amount) and the good old Dropbox. Google Drive comes out best usually,

Google Drive gives you more space with its free account compared to Dropbox and while both let you pay additional storage Dropbox's maximum is 3TB while Google Drive's is 30TB. Dropbox does follow and sync changes made to files quicker than Google Drive.1 Dec 2021

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

You can just Bluetooth them from the phone to the laptop, or plug in a USB lead nf copy them across. I prefer the cable method Bluetooth is very slow and often falls over on big files.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You will of course use mobile data to sync your photos to the cloud but if you do not have a big data plan, you can set it so that it only syncs the photos when connected to home wifi.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You can just Bluetooth them from the phone to the laptop, or plug in a USB lead nf copy them across. I prefer the cable method Bluetooth is very slow and often falls over on big files.
You can Bluetooth if the laptop has that facility, neither of ours does, but I do have a Bluetooth dongle but never use it now.
I like the ease of the automatic sync to the cloud.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back