Attaching a tarp (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We don't have a wind-out awning and we don't want to get one unless we'll actually use it, so we're planning on getting a Decathlon tarp in case we need a bit of shade. But we'll need to attach it to the side of the van somehow. I saw a previous thread where these Super Suction Cups http://www.parrotsol.co.uk/index_files/Page731.htm were mentioned but the original poster didn't really come back with a review on whether they did the job. Anyone else have any experience of them and whether they'll be up to the job?

OP
OP
DangerMousy
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
No, there's nothing there. If we decide against an awning then we'll probably stick some awning rail on there to attach it to, but I don't want to make any permanent attachments until we decide. So suction cups seem a good idea...if they're up to the job!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have the small sized supersuction cups from Parrotsol which I bought in order to hold my insulating screen cover in place since I have no other attachment points. On my MH they attach very firmly and I would have thought that they would be up to the job for your application. I guess the bigger ones would stick even more, I have seen something similar for attaching a roof bag or box to a car, so they would probably be overkill for your tarp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back