Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
My new van arrived yesterday and I fitted the recently bought ATE lock!
I am VERY disappointed as it is a VERY loose fit! I could easily push the whole assembly down the pedals as far as the steering column knuckle joint! I believe that it then gives enough pedal travel to allow them to be used!
I will be looking for an alternative!
Any one want one for a BOXER van? Only used once!

wheelie67

Free Member
Nov 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
bailey
Exp
1 month
I am VERY disappointed as it is a VERY loose fit! I could easily push the whole assembly down the pedals as far as the steering column knuckle joint! I believe that it then gives enough pedal travel to allow them to be used!
Mine was the same so I welded a steel bar on the top piece, towards the firewall so that it jams it in position.

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
Mine was the same so I welded a steel bar on the top piece, towards the firewall so that it jams it in position.
Firewall? Can you show a photo of your modification perhaps?
Thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wheelie67

Free Member
Nov 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
bailey
Exp
1 month

Attachments

• 20210201_125026 (1).jpg
    20210201_125026 (1).jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 160
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Are they the correct lock for your year model of Ducato/Boxer?

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Duplicate post

Last edited:

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
I was searching for another security measure to protect our motorhome from theft, and thought of the excellent clutch claw, as was marketed to motorhomers at shows a few years ago. Not a bad price at ÂŁ119, but the ability to fit an automatic van was a bit vague and non comital from the company. So the search went on, and on eBay I found several similar devices at all sorts of pricing

The one that caught my eye was a product made by a small engineering firm who do welding on site and in their workshop. I was a little concerned as it was so cheap, ÂŁ60 including delivery and a decent lock. The lock is at least half that value, as it is pretty substantial. The rest is 2 pieces of 8mm steel plate, lazer cut, welded and painted a nice blue colour.

Upon delivery I unpacked the pedal lock and was immediately impressed with the obvious quality of the finish and how it fits together. The lower part goes beneath the pedals, with a plate that fits on top. All secured with a substantial lock on the top, which would take a lot of work to cut off and is impossible to attack with bolt croppers like a normal padlock

Out of the packaging
View attachment 447728

Taken apart to fit, just 3 parts
View attachment 447727

First slide the bottom slotted plate under the pedals, with the pedal arms in the slots and move it to an upright positionView attachment 447729

Drop the other steel plate on the top, covering the lower plate and leaving the hole for the key
View attachment 447730

Then open the lock and slot over the hole in the plate. I found that the key needs turning a full 90 degrees so the key faces up and down. Then press the lock barrel in and turn the key. As simple as that
View attachment 447731

This lock is very substantial and secure. I can highly recommend this to any motorhomer or even a van owner as a very good investment for the security of your vehicle.

I purchased direct from their website and got 2 free window stickers in addition. All in a bargain at ÂŁ60 and models available for most popular vans, whether automatic or manual. I have absolutely no connection to this supplier and this review is intended to be helpful to other members. I did ask about a discount for other members, but at this price the margins are very tight. Also happy to help a small business in these troubled times

My driveway security camera has picked up a gipsy knocking at my door twice this week, and although our van has an alarm and steering lock fitted, I decided that some additional security is called for.
Perhaps a wheel clamp would help?

While browsing the net looking for a pedal lock, I found ATE Fabrications site.
The price looked good, so I looked for reviews and found this thread.
Order paced, and awaiting delivery.

Thanks for the review.

P

Jethro

Free Member
Nov 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2 months
If anybody is interested I have one for sale as it doesn’t fit my automatic

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
If anybody is interested I have one for sale as it doesn’t fit my automatic
I copied the design and made something similar for my daughter's automatic Bongo.
IMG_20210327_122836814.jpg

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
This lock is very substantial and secure. I can highly recommend this to any motorhomer or even a van owner as a very good investment for the security of your vehicle.
It might look very secure, and probably is for a Ford or other motorhome with steel pedals, but the Fiat has plastic pedals, so just a couple of minutes with a junior hacksaw, no noise, and the pedal ends are cut off and the lock removed. Its still easily drivable on what's left of the pedals.

It is about as much use as a chocolate teapot for a security measure on a Fiat.

I like the idea of pedal locks, especially on an auto, so in the end, I welded up one of my own to completely shroud the clutch pedal. Its done in such a way as to make it difficult to cut off with an angle grinder, and unlike the ATE one, will slow a thief down for more that a few minutes.

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
It might look very secure, and probably is for a Ford or other motorhome with steel pedals, but the Fiat has plastic pedals, so just a couple of minutes with a junior hacksaw, no noise, and the pedal ends are cut off and the lock removed. Its still easily drivable on what's left of the pedals.

It is about as much use as a chocolate teapot for a security measure on a Fiat.

I like the idea of pedal locks, especially on an auto, so in the end, I welded up one of my own to completely shroud the clutch pedal. Its done in such a way as to make it difficult to cut off with an angle grinder, and unlike the ATE one, will slow a thief down for more that a few minutes.
The metal plate will still be attached to the brake pedal on X244 model Ducato's.
Only the clutch pedal is made from plastic - accelerator and brake pedals are metal.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
The metal plate will still be attached to the brake pedal on X244 model Ducato's.
Only the clutch pedal is made from plastic - accelerator and brake pedals are metal.
Both accelerator and brake pedals are plastic on my auto.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I have one of these locks, all my pedals are metal, more evidence that they really don't make them like they used to 🤷

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back