AT MY TETHERED END/HOTSPOT COLD (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I am reasonably savvy with IT, Internet etc but struggling to get a SMARTY SIM card used in a mobile to give me access to Internet through tetherering or hotspot to my tablet. I have paired the devices, and achieved some success but not enough to use tablet to stream TV programmes say from Amazon Prime.

I ask for advice because a lot of funsters seem to use their sim cards rather than normal WiFi, so what do I need to do to make this a reliable streaming option.

Or is it all down to strength of 3/4G service in area like WiFi is? I was hoping to over come poor WiFi service on many sites. Cheers Smudger55

Deleted User
First thing that I would do is a speed test, I think that you will need around 7 Mb/sec to stream.
Smarty uses the 3 network which I believe can be patchy in the UK.

I mainly watch BBC programmes and if I have problems streaming I download to iplayer which does not need such a strong signal.

OP
OP
Smudger55
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
First thing that I would do is a speed test, I think that you will need around 7 Mb/sec to stream.
Smarty uses the 3 network which I believe can be patchy in the UK.

I mainly watch BBC programmes and if I have problems streaming I download to iplayer which does not need such a strong signal.
Thanks Matamoros, will do that and even consider another provider as I can leave them without penalty. Smudger55

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Before you stream anything try watching something on the phone first, if that's ok then tether to another device. Download and try a UKTV or BBC iPlayer app.

Deleted User
I am reasonably savvy with IT, Internet etc but struggling to get a SMARTY SIM card used in a mobile to give me access to Internet through tetherering or hotspot to my tablet. I have paired the devices, and achieved some success but not enough to use tablet to stream TV programmes say from Amazon Prime.

I ask for advice because a lot of funsters seem to use their sim cards rather than normal WiFi, so what do I need to do to make this a reliable streaming option.

Or is it all down to strength of 3/4G service in area like WiFi is? I was hoping to over come poor WiFi service on many sites. Cheers Smudger55

Another thing just crossed my mind, you mention 'pairing', have you paired the devices using bluetooth?
The tablet needs to be connected to the phones wifi hotspot network, I believe bluetooth connection speeds are not good enough.
Sorry if that is obvious to you but your use of the word pairing is usually used for bluetooth connections.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back