At my age everything technical is hard HELP with a firestick? (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
What is a Firestick, how does it work, and how do I connect it to my TV?

In the motorhome, there is also a router. It's the mifi device with the aerial on the roof.
Thanks. I'm beginning to understand now.
What I hadn't realised is that I need a mifi unit. I thought the firestick connected the T.V. directly to the internet like an iPhone (which I don't have but I've heard about what they can do). I don't have a mifi in the m/h or an aerial on the roof. In fact I don't have a T.V. for it, partly because I had not a clue as to what I would need.
I had hoped that I could just put my toe into using a firestick rather becoming embroiled in the mumbo-jumbo.
The wonders of digital technology are as wasted on me as feeding strawberries to a donkey.
A pal once suggested I took up golf. When I told him I just didn't have the time to spend Saturdays or Sundays on a golf course he said I only had to play once in a while whenever I felt like it. I don't know any golfer who only feels like playing once in a while and never feels like it :rolleyes:.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I bought one in the xmas sale, once I realised it didn't have gps I gave it to the youngest grandson.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Firesticks are easy to set up part 1
computers-fire-fire_stick-fire_stick-inventor-invention-jknn1792_low.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Dipsie . Hi BernieT. Not bought one yet, just about to. Idea of the Firestick. Is that I do not want the hassle and expense of fitting a sat dish on the new van. The van will have limited room on the roof, it comes with one 120 solar panel and I would want the room for another solar about the same size. I am sure you will get yours up and running soon I must say most of the help offered by funsters was very helpful .
Paul
Litter picking Colyboy!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
If 4K video viewing is not needed the updated 2020 Amazon Fire TV Stick will save you a few ££ 👍🏻
Until this updated version recently came out the goto Firestick was the 4K version as even for HD only TV we liked the faster menu operation.
The new generation stick now has that.

But look out, there’s also a Fire TV Stick lite. That saves you even more ££ but the “less powerful” comments I see, suggest it may not be as quick in menus as it’s dearer siblings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
colyboy we found we could use the firestick in Wales and watch Netflix, we were in an area where there was no tv signal at all, but got a phone signal , all straight forward really .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back