Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
After an 'annus horribilis' of waiting for and attending NHS appointments I have a spinal nerve root injection on 12th sept and we have booked Ferry,Dover-Dunkirk for 17th.
Looking forward to touring North east France (The Lalique Museum and Metz for definite) then on into Germany and 'doing' the Mosel-hopefully meeting up with some Funsters en route.
Back home end of Oct for about 4 weeks then off to Benidorm for Xmas with a few Funsters.
Heading south after that and coming home sometime around March/April ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
After an 'annus horribilis' of waiting for and attending NHS appointments I have a spinal nerve root injection on 12th sept and we have booked Ferry,Dover-Dunkirk for 17th.
Looking forward to touring North east France (The Lalique Museum and Metz for definite) then on into Germany and 'doing' the Mosel-hopefully meeting up with some Funsters en route.
Back home end of Oct for about 4 weeks then off to Benidorm for Xmas with a few Funsters.
Heading south after that and coming [HI]home sometime around March/April[/HI] ::bigsmile:

Mike.

lucky beggars..........:thumb:.....Griff

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like a good plan:thumb: hope the injection is painless, have a great trip::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Good news Mike but ouch sounds painful !

Looks like we will be in Germany (Mosel) the week before you, leaving for Croatia on Saturday 8th. Should be in Lake Garda / Metz area towards the end of Sept early October.

Andrew

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Heading south after that and coming home sometime around March/April ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Hopefully the injection will do the trick. Colin had the same injection and it really helped him. We are on the Dover Dunkirk ferry 14th sept and travelling down the Mosel so may see you en route
Sounds like you have a great adventure coming up

Helga

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Did you receive my private messages?

Hi There

I have replied to your PM (3x ?) but I am a bit concerned as they don't show up in my sent box. I do hope you have received them.
Good luck with your root nerve injection. It worked wonders for Colin so fingers crossed it will for you too.

Deborah aka Helga

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Ouch

And I thought my NHS experience was bad been waiting for ages for an operation on the old john Thomas :cry: took ages for them to get me a date, they finally got one 2 weeks before I go back over, :Angry: so now sat with loose fitting undear-gear lots of pain killers and an ice pack lol. And at my age whats that all about? Cant wait to get back over into France drive over the Pyrenees and down into Spain. Might have to invest in an air cushion lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Injection done

I had the L4 root block injection today::bigsmile:
As they predicted I have lost the use of my right leg for a few hours-but they said it should be ok by morn.
The anticipation was far worse than the actual procedure,and the expected side effect of losing use of right leg has been an insight into what it would be like to be disabled.
I have had to,very quickly,learn new strategies for moving around the house-so far I've ended up on floor only once :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully I can get back to preparing for our trip to Germany in the morn.

We should be on Marine Drive Dover on Sun night-so if anyone else is there,ours is the white one :ROFLMAO: we have Fun stickers on cab windows.

Mike.

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi Mike

Great News I hope the benefits last for a long time.

We are off to Germany on Friday so catching the 8am Ferry. We will look out for you. Unfortunately I have order some Funsters flags and stickers but they haven't arrived yet.
Fingers crossed I will get them and my travel log in the post tomorrow

Enjoy your trip away

Helga

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as you say Mike, the anticipation is nearly always worse than the actual procedure no matter what it is.

bet you're glad its all over and hopefully you can now get on with life.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Mosel bound

We are off next Thursday 21st, 4am ferry!!, don't know where we are stopping the night before as we don't want to disturb fellow campers on a site, we have not made any campsite bookings either, go with the flow as they say.
On the other hand the British superbike round at Assen looks kinda tempting as well.!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back