Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
After 5 months of waiting the 5'er is finally here. Collected last Thursday ( Maundy Thursday) brought home, checked and cleaned everything, put into storage, back out on the 21st for the maiden trip (only one week in Devon) before the main trips later this year.

For those of you following my progress I imported the unit myself from the US, I have calculated that I saved approx £3200 doing it this way compared to buying a Euro spec model. I think that the specification is at least comparable if not slightly better then the Euro 5'ers ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

collectionday.jpg
[/IMG]

The whole outfit tows superbly, rock steady, due I am sure in no small part to the F250, which is not as ruinous on the economy front as you may think.

I have the greatest praise for the company which undertook the conversion work on my behalf here in the UK. They sorted out a couple of factory fresh problems I obviously did not know about. They also arranged for the hitch to be fitted to the F250 and serviced the Pick Up at the same time, excellent service. :thumb::thumb:

So here we go..........yayyyyyy :thumb::thumb:

Rob

andynann

Free Member
Apr 9, 2009
atherton lancs
Funster No
Exp
thirty odd years
wow

what a lovely site n your not bad either lol,nice set up enjoy.youve made me want one even more now:cry:
AndynAnn[posted by Ann]

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Don't know how I missed this thread, but great-looking rig Rob. :thumb:

No wonder you're made up!

All the best.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hiya Rob, Just catching up on what I have missed, and came accross this thread and the picture of your new rig..

Looks a super rig and yes I do like yellow,, :winky:

Hope to meet up with you and compere notes..

In other words pull each others rigs to bits,, :winky:::bigsmile:

Just got one question,,, the toad you have behind the 5er,, is that legal in the uk ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Fantastic looking rig.

Common good service please name the company:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Awsome dude!!!

Gonna paint the 5er yellow to match your truck?...........could call it the 'Nanna' (cos it bends in the middle) :winky:

Boo

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hiya Rob, Just catching up on what I have missed,

Just got one question,,, the toad you have behind the 5er,, is that legal in the uk ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mo,

Since when have you and I worried about legal:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are both over 7ft 6 ins wide and using US Pick-Ups ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

What will the Scottish 5'er Owners Club make of that then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
will keep my eyes peeled for the banana. nice one. more n more 5ers , we wont be the odd ones out at this rate. have lots of fun n enjoy life happy travels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back