at last (1 Viewer)

simong

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
chesterfield
Funster No
At last I finally have a van to convert, a 98 lwb high roof transit, ex white arrow, had it 3 days now and all I can say is I love it, pulls like a train, ok bodys not perfect but with 11 months mot and a couple of months tax I can't complain:thumb:, and trust me to buy a van on the windiest day of the week, a really interesting trip back from Birmingham:roflmto:, had a nice tour around Birmingham thanks to the satnav:Doh:
Already started the conversion, got one side of the seat/bed in and a sink and a 2 ring camping stove, which I'll be up grading as soon as possible for one with a grill:winky:, will be getting a fridge as soon as funds allow, or get offered on on freecycle.
we're trying to pick lights we like at the min, maybe 1 strip light and a couple of small spots, not sure yet.

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Already started the conversion, got one side of the seat/bed in and a sink and a 2 ring camping stove,

Wow you don't waste time ::bigsmile:

Good luck with your conversion :thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Good luck and welcome dude.................I can see your getting stuck in :winky:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome:Simong.

You don't waste any time, hope all goes well with the conversion:thumb::thumb:

Dave

OP
OP
simong

simong

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
chesterfield
Funster No
Cheers guys, had my orders to get started lol, so far the build cost is a hefty £5.40 for some timber :roflmto: ,there was some homemade shelfing in the back, so got loads and loads of free screws and MDF::bigsmile:, I've been hording the rest of the items for age's, the sink was a ikea bargain corner one only paid £5 for that, got some 12v down lighters that I got for £2 at a charity shop::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Cheers guys, had my orders to get started lol, so far the build cost is a hefty £5.40 for some timber :roflmto: ,there was some homemade shelfing in the back, so got loads and loads of free screws and MDF::bigsmile:, I've been hording the rest of the items for age's, the sink was a ikea bargain corner one only paid £5 for that, got some 12v down lighters that I got for £2 at a charity shop::bigsmile:

Good luck, it's refreshing to see someone doing a project without throwing money at it..

I've been down the self build road and it's hard to keep costs down.. it can run away with a lot of cash if not prudent .. but you seem to have a keen eye for a bargain :winky:

Jim

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Its great

Its great doing a self build we did one a few years ago, it will be something that you get a great buzz from when you have finnished it, trouble is once we had done one all we could think of was doing another but bigger and even better.
Best of luck and hope you get as much pleasure from yours as we did
We got over the problem of doing another by getting a 5er not very practical to build one of those on the drive lol
all the best
Neil

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: Well done :thumb: don't forget we like piccys :thumb: and remember to get some insulation into it ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
simong

simong

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
chesterfield
Funster No
just a quick update

Hi guys an gals, just updating you on the build of the camper, she has a name now 'big blue' :roflmto:, I've even set up a blog for the build, in the early stages, still have to put some photo's up, should be doing that over the weekend. The link is BIG BLUE'S NEW LIFE

I've got most of the build done, just the finishing touches to do like trim, and a lick of paint here and there:winky:
here's a couple of pics mid way through the build
Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Image041.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back