At last it is home (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Our new Carthago has been at the dealers since July waiting for the scaffolding to come down on our house. We picked it up today and are plodding our way through the instruction manuals. can anyone tell me if there is a way of turning the radio on without the ignition on. It is a Pioneer AVH-290BT/190DVD. I am only just getting used to not having an on/off button.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On our Carthago we could turn on the power supply for the radio from the main control panel. The musical note symbol

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
On our Carthago we could turn on the power supply for the radio from the main control panel. The musical note symbol

Thank you. I found my glasses and a small step and looked at the panel. Now I have music and can try to sort out the heating controls.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Come on then let's all see your new toy. Bet it's lovely. Wishing you happy times ahead in him/her.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thanks for the good wishes. She is Twinkle. Carthago Chic E line, she has replaced a Carthago C Tourer. First trip is off to France next Wednesday, along with Fun sticker in the window. We will have a week of weeding to do when we get there.
I took all the seat cushions out yesterday ready to re route the tv cables as we find the tv difficult to see if one of us sits in the drivers seat, obviously when it is turned around. Next job is to refit the inverter and gaslow. Then it is loading time ( the dog is already laying at the door ready for off).

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Ours only has a cheapo Pioneer DAB noisebox. However, Rapido thoughtfully provided a switch on the dashboard so it can be powered by the hab battery.

I still yearn for the stereo I had in the VW Westy. Lovely dials and push buttons, so easy to use. The Pioneer controls are a complicated nightmare and I have lost count of the times I have to keep referring to the owner's manual. 3 months later and I still haven't learned all the basics, and trying to make it do things on the move is so distracting and irritating that it has become a major hazard. Very poor ergonomic design IMO. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have ticked the steering wheel controls option.

Enjoy your swish new Carthago!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Ours only has a cheapo Pioneer DAB noisebox. However, Rapido thoughtfully provided a switch on the dashboard so it can be powered by the hab battery.

I still yearn for the stereo I had in the VW Westy. Lovely dials and push buttons, so easy to use. The Pioneer controls are a complicated nightmare and I have lost count of the times I have to keep referring to the owner's manual. 3 months later and I still haven't learned all the basics, and trying to make it do things on the move is so distracting and irritating that it has become a major hazard. Very poor ergonomic design IMO. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have ticked the steering wheel controls option.

Enjoy your swish new Carthago!

This is so true... Radios today have become so complicated , my son bought me one for xmas, it has so many flashing lights , its a distraction when driving at night and I hate it.. too many buttons with silly icons on to be able to read , 90% of it is useless to anyone who actually drives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back