AT Delaware Hot Water Failure (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I think I may be in danger of burning out my welcome here with the amount of support I ve been offered recently, but I’m stuck again?

I have a 2019 AT Delaware HB, I drained down the entire water system when the van was in storage. I brought it out yesterday and all seemed good. I filled with water with the boiler tap open until I had water running out and then closed the tap, assuming that was it bled through the water heater.

Heating was working and seemingly hot water too at the bathroom tap. Alde 3020 heating and I believe Truma hot water (not sure about that though the van manuals are very misleading).

However this morning (taking a shower) the water pump was intermittent and the water was coming through hot then cold not a continuous temp or pump pressure.

I am guessing there may be an air trap in the hot water system, and it needs to be bled somehow.

Anyone with experience and suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I think most hot systems refill but opening the taps then waiting till water runs smoothly. Sounds like you didn’t really fill the boiler properly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I go with above, not filled and bled properly.
My procedure is to close all the drain points, fill the water tank.
Turn on the pump with all taps closed as it needs to build up the pressure.
I then go around and open each tap changing between hot and cold to release the air.
Do a bit in kitchen, then the bathroom and shower. Going back to each until finally no air coming out plus the pump will stop with all taps closed showing it's pressurised.

In fact off to do mine now ready for tomorrow trip (y)

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Thanks all.

I eventually tracked it down to the shower head, which seems to be partially blocked an d the pressure causing the pump to cut in and out, and the hot water to flow sporadically. Taking the shower head off allowed the flow as normal, hot and cold.

Changed back to the factory shower head and all fine.

Cheers for the suggestions.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
get yourself an eco camel jet storm. excellent and mixes air with the water
1618587968541.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.