Astra 28 (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Oh dear !
Just been and checked mine and no signal either.
If I can borrow a laptop off one of my friends is it easy enough to update by a non techno guy ?
Yes, just follow the instructions, PM me and I can email you a docx with detailed instructions that are pretty fool proof... even for an old git like me ;-)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Mr Colpot, Yours is not an Easyskew system. The LNB on a "skew version" is in a shroud and not visible. If you can take a picture of the LNB this may help.
Thanks - mine looks the same as Lanerboy's photo with the same sticker and cables. Will take a photo of th LNB in the morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Mr Colpot, Yours is not an Easyskew system. The LNB on a "skew version" is in a shroud and not visible. If you can take a picture of the LNB this may help.
Hi Vansflyer
The LNB is not in a dome - I cant take a picture of it at the moment as its parked on the drive with a telephone cable in the way if I raise the dish. Dish has writing on it - Teleco Flatsat Smart though and this is the box it plugs into in the van.
20191005_150625[1].jpg

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sorry Mr Colpot I have made a mistake, the earlier response was to Michaela+Tony
This link lists all the options, the LNB won't be in a dome but will have s shroud it it has skew, to be 100% sure ring the agent.

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry Mr Colpot I have made a mistake, the earlier response was to Michaela+Tony
This link lists all the options, the LNB won't be in a dome but will have s shroud it it has skew, to be 100% sure ring the agent.
thank you. I have been in touch with the support, and Lowdhams.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Does this look right !!!!

Attachments

• 20191008_104505.jpg
    20191008_104505.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 47
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Think the laptop is rather ancient and unable to open the file.
Gonna find a more modern laptop and try again

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes. I've just updated mine. Wayhay! Thanks everyone on here for helping out. It's very easy if you have a printer cable. Download guides you through it's simple.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Think the laptop is rather ancient and unable to open the file.
Gonna find a more modern laptop and try again

Have you got anti virus on your laptop I had to uninstal AVG as it would not let me open the file, once AVG was uninstalled it did it fine.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Many many thanks for all the help.
After changing a few settings on my old laptop the Teleco system is now updated and locked on Astra2 !!!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I see they did not clear up the sawdust when cutting the hole in the roof Michaela+Tony, take it back. :gum:

Well spotted although minor it's still poor in my eyes a 10 sec job not done, makes you wonder what other corners these manufacturers cut thinking we will never see this or that

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Anybody managed to update there system with Intelsat on it?

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Anybody managed to update there system with Intelsat on it?

I'm not to sure it will be as easy as the non Intelsat models. (Unless anyone knows differently) I have just phoned Scan Terieur the importer for Teleco. My nearest dealer on their website list of agents are no longer agents and they seemed reluctant to give me details of any others near me.
However the did give me details of LeisureTec Services who they knew had carried out the update require for the Intelsat configured box. I phoned LeisureTec and they were very helpful saying they can do the update. However as I am in Cheltenham and they are in Clitheroe I have had to remove the control box and operating switch and send it to them. I have been quoted around £65 including postage etc for the job.
Wife's gone to the post office as I type as I wanted to get it sorted asap.
It's not all bad though, I have just returned from a trip to Yorkshire and an area with a poor tv signal and of course no Astra 28 but Intelsat worked perfectly.

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Regarding Teleco they tell me I need printer cable. No longer have one so will have to buy one. I presume it is one with nine pins and usb other end to connect to computer. Could someone confirm this please.

I have Telesat 2018. Is the connection socket inside the box or is it accessible from the outside. Any other tips appreciated. Many thanks.

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Thanks to all for input on this thread, I successfully updated my system today after confirming with Teleco what system I had.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Apologies as already posted this on another thread but hoping someone here can assist

Hi All

Can anyone assist with the actual database file of satellite locations?

My system crashed in the middle of the upgrade and it locked out!

Now received the unlock code from Teleco but neither Teleco, their UK agent or 2 suggested dealers have been of any help in locating the required file.

The unlock code required you to go to the expert option and it requests the location of the database file to import.

The file name I was provided with is database 'd000 (DVBS2) Intelsat 907 2019-10-07'

Cheers in advance (hopefully) as now in France.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Wherever you downloaded the update to, or extracted it to if zipped will be where the file is. Do a search for the file and it should find it.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Wherever you downloaded the update to, or extracted it to if zipped will be where the file is. Do a search for the file and it should find it.
That's what I thought but tried all directories of the install program without success. Has anyone who has done the upgrade got a copy of the file?

Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I'm a newbie!
I'd like to say a huge 'thank you' to everyone who has posted on this thread.

I know I'm late to the party.

We bought our new-to-us Burstner at the start of October and headed off to try it out. The sat system was, if I'm honest, an unexpected bonus on the purchase as we hadn't spec'd it. But, now we've got it (on an 18 month old vehicle) we want/expect it to work.

Two campsites, three different pitches, plus various locations on our driveway and lots of tears (mainly over missing Strictly on Saturday...), and lots of digging online... it appears (I hope) that the unit hasn't been updated since this software upgrade, meaning we can't find Astra 28. But can watch lots of German or French TV.

I've spent hours on whatsapp video calls to our dealer, who couldn't solve it. I've snapped at the children ("leave me alone, Mummy is trying to sort this out... for all our sanity"), I've missed a dog walk (or two.. :LOL:). And then I found this thread.

So I now have the dealer on the case, trying to find out exactly which unit they fitted to the Burstner 18 months ago when they sold it to its initial owner:unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. All I know is attached in the photos.

I'm so hopeful that this solves the problem. We're away for another 4 nights later this week (lockdowns permitting). Missing Strictly again will make me a bad mummy, forever!!!

But if it doesn't... what could it be????????

How can it be so difficult?????
IMG_2078.jpg
IMG_2079.jpg
IMG_2084.jpg

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie

The update is either flat sat or flat sat easy. 1st or second update from the link.

When you find the correct one it's easy to do with a laptop and printer cable. There's a YouTube video which shows you.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Failing that get amazon firestick, tether phone WiFi and sorted.

Goodluck

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Flat sat skew is the update you need. Laptop plus the printer cable and it takes less than 15 minutes. Detailed instructions. I managed it easily which means it's straightforward.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back