Astra 28 (2 Viewers)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
What dish are you using, had same problem with my maxview, but worked after i upgraded the software

OP
OP
pauljanita
Apr 7, 2015
Horley, Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It’s a Teleco Flatsat Classic S85.
It was working up until 2 days ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I am in Bath and cannot get sat to lock onto astra 28, neither can the chap next to me I thought it might be a tree about 70 yrs away but no so sure, could there be another issue if we are all struggling

I can get Astra 1 and hotbird but not Astra 28

Both mine and the chap next to me have teleco systems too both on carthagos

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
There are no reported issues with any signals on any of the three UK TV satellites.
(Unless you are trying to get weak channel at the solar outage time, or in an area of very heavy rain, or trying to use a frequency that is no longer valid or carrying a signal to locate the satellites - but even then most of your stored channels should work as they have not changed freqs)

Even if there was an issue with one of the UK TV satellites you should still be able to pick up signals from the other two.

Suggests and issue with your system somewhere....

could there be another issue if we are all struggling
Dont think "ALL" are struggling...my Dad in Bath says all is fine there, and all is find here in Valencia area of Spain. And if there was a general problem, and all signals from all three satellites had failed, then my phone and email and all social media in the UK would be lighting up!!!

And if all three satellites had failed at the same time, the most likely would be a huge asteroid taking them out, in which case catching up on Corrie would probably be the last thing on your mind !!!!

Last edited:

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Very strange though that both me and next door can't lock on both are 2019 carthagos with teleco systems

It may be the tree I spoke about but that is around 60-70 yds away and I have not noticed trees that far away causing me an issue before

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
There is a guy that’s in Scotland (Jim Sinton) with the very same problem at the moment.

This is his post:

Flat sat easy smart 85. I have been travelling around Scotland and haven’t been able to get the satellite to lock since Saturday. It seems to always point to the back left corner of the van, twiddle up and down, spin round again, up and down again, forever. I was thinking mountains, trees etc but now in a wide open carpark and it’s still doing the same. Have tried it with TV switched on and channel selected but makes no difference. Now going places where looking out the window is no substitute. I haven’t hit anything to dislodge cables. Any idea?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are in the south of Spain and we also can’t lock onto Astra 2 with Teleco 85 cm dish it locks onto Astra 1 ok it was working fine 3 days ago and we have not moved

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We are in Brittany, didn’t notice any problems with Astra 28 and we had the tv on for a few hours last night.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Sounds like the frequency these systems use to lock on to a satellite is no longer active...hence they cannot find the signal...especially if you are using Teleco systems...?

There were a few channel closures, channel renames, and frequency closures on the 1st Oct...which would support all of this...

Deleted User
I have a Carthago with the Telnet flat smart 85 and haven’t been able to lock on for last few days.

Deleted User
Just noticed Rob has already copied my post from the Carthago owners FB group. Thanks.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Frequency 11895 V on Astra 2E was emptied at the end of September and older software versions on Oyster systems have been affected by this. Any automatic system using that frequency to lock will need to be reprogrammed. At Oyster we can rectify this with a simple phone call to our office on 01858575928.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just seen this thread and I have the same problem.
Carthago with Teleco 85cm dish that was fine a few days ago but nothing in the last couple of days.
I first thought it was down to local thunderstorms and heavy rain but that’s all gone.
Does anyone have any idea how to update the frequency on the Teleco kit?

Richard.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Found updates but no idea how to install them

You will need a usb to printer cable to install the update , looks like I will need to find the chinese shop Ive downloaded the update once I find a cable I will post results

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just done the updated sat dish is now locking on to astra 2 it took about 10 mins to update you will need a laptop and printer lead to do the update
It will need to be a Windoze laptop too.
Not much help to those of us with Apple kit. :(

Richard

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Just done the updated sat dish is now locking on to astra 2 it took about 10 mins to update you will need a laptop and printer lead to do the update

Zepp
Do you have a link to the update please

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
To overcome this change made to the transmission of Astra 28 Teleco have released a software updater program which is downloadable by following the link below which will take you to the page where you can find the appropriate update for your system. Beware – installing the wrong software for your system will not work and may mean your control box is locked. Please ensure the correct software updater is selected for the system you have. Once the software update to the control box is complete it will enable the system to find the satellite again. This update should take approx. 5 minutes per control box. The control box will need to be connected to a computer with a printer cable and the control panel is required to perform the update. A simple instruction document on how to perform a software update is also attached to assist.

http://www.support-telecogroup.com/telecogroup/teleco/en/support/software.asp

Start by selecting the correct system from the list of satellite updaters, screen shot shown above. Then continue by saving the file, opening the download and then allowing it to make changes to your computer when asked. You will then be asked to choose a location for this file on your computer, click next and then finally install. Once installed click ‘finish’ and you will be asked to select your language automatically then launching into the firmware updater.

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Just wondering, what is the new frequency used for scanning?
Wonder why not use a freq that Sky have used since the start of Sky digital, like 12207 V, that carries Sky News, and which is on the Euro beam, so easy catch across all of western europe.

Apr 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
IH N680CRL
Exp
Since 2006
Oyster Tech have come up trumps again. Just talked me through the transponder change on our Oyster 2 Digital. All working again now which is great as we are just about to head off to Germany. Box needs a software update which can’t be done remotely so will send it to them when we get back. 5 Star service!! Very happy customer.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Just wondering, what is the new frequency used for scanning?
Wonder why not use a freq that Sky have used since the start of Sky digital, like 12207 V, that carries Sky News, and which is on the Euro beam, so easy catch across all of western europe.

Couldn't tell you what frequencies anyone else are using but we at Oyster don't feel the need to be secretive and are currently using the following for Astra 2:

11265 V 27500 2/3
11836 H 27500 5/6
12207 V 27500 5/6
11307 H 27500 5/6

11265 is the default frequency on our latest software however if that is altered or turned off then the system will realise this once it has done a full search of it's elevation range (around 10 minutes for this) and switch to the next one in the list.
On a Vision II/III you can also, if impatient like me, hold the right arrow while the system is searching which will display the current search frequency. While holding that right arrow you can use the left arrow intermittently to scroll through the four that are programmed and set it to what you want.

We can also alter these frequencies at any time that it's required however we do ask that customers contact us if they need to do this as it involves going into a service menu that houses base settings for the system. If the wrong thing is changed it can be detrimental to the system and can cause serious problems for the end user.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Yeah Lyngsat show's 11264 and 11306 instead but they are active and work fine as the numbers I stated. I check them every day.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back