Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Tried the Oyster today and it could not lock onto Astra 2.
Gave it a go on Astra 1 and after a long time it found a signal.
So then tried Astra 2 again and nothing.

Has it moved again, do we require new info for the system to locate it.

Thank you for any help

Lee Rasberry

Free Member
Nov 2, 2021
King's Lynn, UK
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
When was the last time it worked correctly on Astra 2? Last time Maxview systems had any real bother with Astra 2 changes was 2015, however we have heard that other systems have been affected since. I'd recommend trying a system update and see if that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
When was the last time it worked correctly on Astra 2? Last time Maxview systems had any real bother with Astra 2 changes was 2015, however we have heard that other systems have been affected since. I'd recommend trying a system update and see if that helps.
Well done Lee, it is good to have you here to keep us informed.

Geoff

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Still can’t get my dish to work. Just spins and spins. Manual didn’t work either. 99% sure it’s me doing something wrong but now the Fire stick is working well and I’m getting MIFI fitted on the roof next week I may pull the dish off and put another solar on there instead

Lee Rasberry

Free Member
Nov 2, 2021
King's Lynn, UK
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
Still can’t get my dish to work. Just spins and spins. Manual didn’t work either. 99% sure it’s me doing something wrong but now the Fire stick is working well and I’m getting MIFI fitted on the roof next week I may pull the dish off and put another solar on there instead
What brand is your system?

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Where are you --- both?
Derbyshire....... Its not a location issue its a ME issue. I need someone who knows what they are doing to come walk me through it... But I suspect it wont get that far. MIFI goes on Monday. While hes up there going to tell him to rip the dish off. Saves weight and frees space for a 2nd solar panel which I clearly need in winter.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
2018 Oyster satellite dish.

What we pick up varies considerably depending where we are.

As we have been unable to move out of southern England for the last two years we have found there is a big difference between Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Kent, Sussex, Somerset and Cornwall. (In all cases with a clear view south)

We get the most channels in Oxfordshire and the least channels in Sussex

OP
OP
Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
We are in Shropshire. Last time we used it was in Scotland a couple of months ago. It took a while to find it there, But it did find it.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
All three Astra 2 satellites at 28 east are working fine.
But if your system is unable to "lock on" to those, then it is probably trying to lock onto a frequency that is now no longer carrying a signal, being that channels, especially the less popular channels, move frequencies to balance loads across the transponders

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Derbyshire....... Its not a location issue its a ME issue. I need someone who knows what they are doing to come walk me through it... But I suspect it wont get that far. MIFI goes on Monday. While hes up there going to tell him to rip the dish off. Saves weight and frees space for a 2nd solar panel which I clearly need in winter.
I would advise careful ripping! I got £1700.00 for the mine on eBay about 3 months back.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thought about taking mine off...but changed my mind after getting good service from it in an area that didn't provide a strong enough WIFI signal...
I actually still have an Oyster system as l use my Sky box in Spain for Sport Channels. I replaced the system l sold as it needed a unavailable part and we were going away in the MH for six months but had it repaired on my return and got a good return.
Using WiFi via my phone a lot now for normal viewing.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all,

Firstly a very Happy new year to everyone.
And, thank you bobandjanie for the tag. Much appreciated as always! (y)

I have had an extended Christmas break so apologies for the delayed response. I've private messaged the OP on this issue as there are quite a few reasons as to why the system could be struggling to lock but any other issues please just holla!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back