ASSURED STORAGE, HYDE LANE, DANBURY, ESSEX CLOSING 8th APRIL 2019. (1 Viewer)

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Folks, I just saw this on Facebook. I hope everyone here has got their vans out by now and apologies if its already been posted.

(This isn't me - I'm just passing it on in case any needs to know)

ASSURED STORAGE, HYDE LANE, DANBURY, ESSEX CLOSING 8th APRIL 2019.

ALL VEHICLES NOT COLLECTED BEFORE THAT DATE ARE TO BE SOLD!

The above CASSOA gold storage site has gone into administration. The administrators have no paperwork to let them know who is on the site or which vehicles they own. We found out about it when we went to collect our van at the end of February. We had to provide photo ID as well as the purchase receipt to prove ownership, before we were allowed to collect our motorhome.

Initially we were told that we would be allowed to keep our van there until the property was sold, but this morning my husband received an email to say that they were closing the site on the 8th April, and any vehicles still on the property after that time would be sold. As traditionally many people's first trip of the year is Easter ( particularly caravanners), and as the administrators do not have any contact details to advise them of this, there will be lots of people who are not aware of the situation, and who will turn up to find that they cannot pick up their vehicles. So please share to stop anyone losing access to their vehicles.

And if you have a vehicle there, please remember photo ID and proof of purchase is required before you can collect your vehicle. Many thanks.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Folks, I just saw this on Facebook. I hope everyone here has got their vans out by now and apologies if its already been posted.

(This isn't me - I'm just passing it on in case any needs to know)

ASSURED STORAGE, HYDE LANE, DANBURY, ESSEX CLOSING 8th APRIL 2019.

ALL VEHICLES NOT COLLECTED BEFORE THAT DATE ARE TO BE SOLD!

The above CASSOA gold storage site has gone into administration. The administrators have no paperwork to let them know who is on the site or which vehicles they own. We found out about it when we went to collect our van at the end of February. We had to provide photo ID as well as the purchase receipt to prove ownership, before we were allowed to collect our motorhome.

Initially we were told that we would be allowed to keep our van there until the property was sold, but this morning my husband received an email to say that they were closing the site on the 8th April, and any vehicles still on the property after that time would be sold. As traditionally many people's first trip of the year is Easter ( particularly caravanners), and as the administrators do not have any contact details to advise them of this, there will be lots of people who are not aware of the situation, and who will turn up to find that they cannot pick up their vehicles. So please share to stop anyone losing access to their vehicles.

And if you have a vehicle there, please remember photo ID and proof of purchase is required before you can collect your vehicle. Many thanks.

Hopefully everyone has got their Motorhomes and Tuggers out by now.
A sorry tale of an incompetent idiot who deliberately crashed his business. One slight inaccuracy - unbeknown to us at the time the Cassoa Gold cover had actually expired a few years ago. Although It still appears on the Cassoa site as covered, I’m told the renewal subs were never paid. One of the many shenanigans that contributed to Its demise.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Who gives the cassa status??
Perhaps they should be reviewing them??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Cassoa, the Caravan Storage Site Owners' Association.

However as @Hymer 1961 says

unbeknown to us at the time the Cassoa Gold cover had actually expired a few years ago

So their systems need to be considered flaky at best. Self regulation only works if you truly self regulate - otherwise it's self interest.

I can't actually load their website( https://www.cassoa.co.uk/ ) tonight, which in itself is concerning. But here's what they do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Interesting - it doesn't work from France (where I am) but does when I VPN into the UK

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Yes. Took bankruptcy to do it.

I should add when I first glanced at your message I read it as “Absurd Accommodation” - Which May have been more appropriate. Oops

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Yes. Took bankruptcy to do it.

I should add when I first glanced at your message I read it as “Absurd Accommodation” - Which May have been more appropriate. Oops

Absurd would go a little way to cover it. However, the business model used was totally reckless. You couldn’t make this place up. I do hope everyone has been able to remove their Motorhomes and find alternative accommodation. I hope someone with appropriate land for storage sees the huge potential for making a very good living in our area. It is impossible to find storage where I live 17 miles from central London.
I know of two people looking to purchase a Motorhome but can’t find any safe storage unless they want a hundred mile round trip each time.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Absurd would go a little way to cover it. However, the business model used was totally reckless. You couldn’t make this place up. I do hope everyone has been able to remove their Motorhomes and find alternative accommodation. I hope someone with appropriate land for storage sees the huge potential for making a very good living in our area. It is impossible to find storage where I live 17 miles from central London.
I know of two people looking to purchase a Motorhome but can’t find any safe storage unless they want a hundred mile round trip each time.

I agree around London area is difficult. I was living near to the centre. Trouble is the cost of land versus what owners are willing to pay.

I was lucky as I was working part-time for a travel company with their minibus base near Terminal 5, with gates and CCTV so got permission to store there, with insurers agreement.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
However, the business model used was totally reckless. You couldn’t make this place up.
What was so very wrong with the business model? I genuinely do not know, but very curious. Tell me by PM if not for public consumption. Thanks(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back