Assistant Wardens Required France (1 Viewer)

Camping Parc Verger

Free Member
Jul 3, 2015
New Owners Of Parc Verger From 1st July 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
over 25 years
Due to the improvements and expansion of our site and the addition of a café/ restaurant-bar we are looking for an active and outgoing couple to assist with the day to day running of Parc Verger our friendly English owned 2* touring park in the stunning Limousin region of France.

We are a small site and have 28 pitches including 3 rentable mobile homes

Duties will be on a flexible basis and will include a mixture of;

Cleaning the toilet block and mobile homes changeovers , ground works and maintenance-grass cutting, hedge trimming etc , some café/ restaurant work:- waiting on and in the kitchen.

We ask for an average of 3-4hrs a day, spread over the week as required in exchange for a FREE touring pitch with electric hook up ,wifi and laundry facilities.

Feel free to read our reviews on trip adviser and visit our web site and facebook page.

You will need your own Caravan/motorhome.

Please send an email to . pvbureau@parcverger.com & let us know about yourselves.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sorry but have I got this right , 3 to 4 hours work a day just for a pitch which can be got free on any aire:xdoh:

Parc Verger is not to be confused with an Aire. It sounds like a pretty good offer to me for a couple who would want to have a super base at no cost for a prolonged period.

No need to put it down Chaser as you wouldn't have passed the interview anyway. :wink:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You have highlighted the word''FREE''.

There is nothing free about it, it seems a big list of duties for 1.5 to 2 hours per person, wonder if that in reality will finish up 6-8 hours work.

There will have been quite a lot of people on here thinking''That sounds like a nice job''until you explained the terms.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Minimum wage in France € 9.76 per hour. So 3.5 hours would be €34.16 @ minimum wage. This is what it would cost the site to hire someone to do the same.

Of course you wouldn't get a "FREE" parking spot., but as the spot costs half of this you would be able to eat :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Parc Verger is not to be confused with an Aire. It sounds like a pretty good offer to me for a couple who would want to have a super base at no cost for a prolonged period.

No need to put it down Chaser as you wouldn't have passed the interview anyway. :wink:
So 4 hours at £8 an hour , that's £32 a day to park doesn't sound very good offer to me.
And what are you going to do when you are stuck there for most of the day.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Sorry but have I got this right , 3 to 4 hours work a day just for a pitch which can be got free on any aire:xdoh:

Parcverger is a campsite not a aire. An aire is where you spend a night or two, normally with no services. A campsite which is what Parcverger is has 16amp EHU, clean toilets and showers, washing machines and dryers, a swimming pool in the summer, a cafe/ restaurant. Nice friendly English speaking owners and it’s secure. (y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Parcverger is a campsite not a aire. An aire is where you spend a night or two, normally with no services. A campsite which is what Parcverger is has 16amp EHU, clean toilets and showers, washing machines and dryers, a swimming pool in the summer, a cafe/ restaurant. Nice friendly English speaking owners and it’s secure. (y)
Id rather park the camper elswhere and do the 3-4 hours work for a wage

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Perhaps a more fairer comparison would of been what was on offer on acsi rather than an aire when comparing costs.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Id rather park the camper elswhere and do the 3-4 hours work for a wage

Don't apply then.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, this however is not unlike a member advertising his camper for sale and others letting us know that in their opinion they wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Surely if you do not have anything constructive to say then say nowt; obviously some of us on here struggle with that concept; opinion on every topic sort of thing.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I have to agree with Popeye, this site has been invaded with aunty and uncle acid, if it is not for you then shut up. There has been many times, when we were fulltiming and parked on a site, that I would gladly have jumped onto the ride on mower and spent many a happy hour without thinking of financial reward.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't apply then.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, this however is not unlike a member advertising his camper for sale and others letting us know that in their opinion they wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Surely if you do not have anything constructive to say then say nowt; obviously some of us on here struggle with that concept; opinion on every topic sort of thing.
Just one thing then , when are you going to take up the position?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have to agree with Popeye, this site has been invaded with aunty and uncle acid, if it is not for you then shut up. There has been many times, when we were fulltiming and parked on a site, that I would gladly have jumped onto the ride on mower and spent many a happy hour without thinking of financial reward.
We have been to parc verger, and very nice it is too, never said any different , but the offer is little short of ridiculous, 3or 4 hours out of the day makes it that the rest of the day is useless to you quite apart from being to tired to do anything , it's no sort of an holiday just a full time job for no pay, which you could do for free on an aire, or even a campsite would be less money.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Don't apply then.

I think my comment was perfectly constructive , and a possible option
Pay the 3-4 hours as a wage and the employee can choose to live where they want.
If it works out the same value what's the harm.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
hi Wissel,

Thanks for the query.

It averages out to 3-4 hrs per day between both. (21-28 hrs total)

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the slight sarcasm in my other post.

After having a float around the net, it seems this kind of arrangement is quite common. I had no idea. Good luck with your offer.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I wonder if this 3-4 hrs work per day is spread throughout the day, or just a straight 3-4 hrs each day at the same time ? Also, how many days a week is the work required ?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Which site ? Parc verger or motorhome fun?

I think there's a difference between choosing to play on a mower for fun and having to do it in the lovely sunshine:p

I used to like playing in my aunties electric wheelchair but I've no desire to be in one cause I have to

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Was thinking my Grandson would love this for a summer job whilst home from uni. All the things he does in his current job, but with time abroad. Unfortunately he needs a wage to help with his final year at uni.....what a shame!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Was thinking my Grandson would love this for a summer job whilst home from uni. All the things he does in his current job, but with time abroad. Unfortunately he needs a wage to help with his final year at uni.....what a shame!
That is just the thing though with no wage what do you live on?

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Me and the missus , sorry but “ my wife and I “ makes us sound posh, recently spent three winter seasons running a chalet in the French Alps.
We had board and lodgings (shared with teen agers
and a mad old woman) , very low wages for six hour days, six days a week with one week off in four months .
Without doubt the best times of our lives !!!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Agree with Blue Knight above.

Also, it would be a fantastic - no risk - opportunity for a couple considering relocating to France, but still not entirely decided.

They would no doubt be able to gain a lot of helpful advice and guidance from the site owners about some of the essentials of life in the country eg seeing the doctor and dentist, knowing where to get help with bank accounts, legal matters etc ie some friendly 'hand holding' before deciding whether it's really for them and they are ready to take a leap of faith... :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back