Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
about computers.

I have had so much help from people in the Motor Home department, I would like to share my 25 years of accumulated computer tech with you. So weather it is a problem you can't solve, or just a "How do they do that?" Or something about computers you always wanted to know but never had anyone to ask....... ask me!

Tip of the day!

Quickly open explorer by holding down the windows key and pressing e

♪♫ ::bigsmile:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
OK, whats explorer and whats a windows key? They don't seem to be on my Macbook Pro keyboard.......:active:

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
about computers.

I have had so much help from people in the Motor Home department, I would like to share my 25 years of accumulated computer tech with you. So weather it is a problem you can't solve, or just a "How do they do that?" Or something about computers you always wanted to know but never had anyone to ask....... ask me!

Tip of the day!

That's really nice, and how considerate!. There is something I would really like to know. Can integer factorization be done in polynomial time on a classical computer? Something I have always wondered about. :thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That's really nice, and how considerate!. There is something I would really like to know. Can integer factorization be done in polynomial time on a classical computer? Something I have always wondered about. :thumb:

Yes of course it can, but only if you switch it off and switch it back on again. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
about computers.

Tip of the day!

whats the short cut for firefox then?

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi.When i go into my laptop it comes up on the bottom of the screen that an add on failed,and it keeps coming up,i have looked everywhere to find it but i cannot get rid of it, thanks H.::bigsmile:

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
A man by the name of Donald phoned me today. He had a strong sub-continent accent. He told me that I had a virus on my Windows machine.

I told him the only virus was the one I was talking to.

Was I too harsh?

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
OK, whats explorer and whats a windows key? They don't seem to be on my Macbook Pro keyboard.......:active:

Darn apple users. Never did trust 'em lol That would be the apple key (AKA command key) and you would launch finder. much the same with different pictures! lol

Yes, but no. Depends on the size of your integer. My mate Ollie (We call him Big O) tells me that you will have to adhear to Cobham's thesis: "are we dealing with Complexity class P?" Does there exists, or will there exists, an algorithm which will solve the problem?

Yes, I expect so.

Might be quicker with a quantum computer though. I have heard of experiments in this line taking years to complete.

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A man by the name of Donald phoned me today. He had a strong sub-continent accent. He told me that I had a virus on my Windows machine.

I told him the only virus was the one I was talking to.

Was I too harsh?

No, but I would have kept him on the phone for much longer.

1 - whilst talking to you he is not scamming someone else.
2 - it costs them money
3 - it pisses them off
4 - (My personal fave) scamming the scammers is so much fun!

I keep them on the phone for ages telling them Yes I can see that - Noooo I can't see that... on what page? Oh hang on the door bell....... I'm back , now which page? Oh that screen, yes I can see that...... No it says everything is fine and lovely!!! No, yes, but, hang on.... They get soooooo pissed off when you tell them you are screwing with them because you know they are scammers! lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I did just that with the first such call I ever had.
I swear I kept that woman on the phone for 45 minutes. I had a shower got dressed and had breakfast and she was still there when I picked up the phone again.
She only realised that perhaps I had a screw loose when I discussed with her how to murder the cat as he was a threat to national security.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
whats the short cut for firefox then?

You would have to set one up yourself. By right clicking on the shortcut to Firefox and selecting properties a properties box appears.

Capture.PNG

You can add your own personal shortcut. I use Ctrl + Alt + F

The shortcut to Firefox will be on your desktop, or possibly on your start bar. It will look like this:

ff.PNG

You can create your personal shortcut as required, as there is no standard one for this app.

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.When i go into my laptop it comes up on the bottom of the screen that an add on failed,and it keeps coming up,i have looked everywhere to find it but i cannot get rid of it, thanks H.::bigsmile:

Most probably happens when you launch Internet Explorer.

Best way to solve this is to disable all ad ons and then re-enable them one by one. A bit onerous but will solve the problem! :)

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I did just that with the first such call I ever had.
I swear I kept that woman on the phone for 45 minutes. I had a shower got dressed and had breakfast and she was still there when I picked up the phone again.
She only realised that perhaps I had a screw loose when I discussed with her how to murder the cat as he was a threat to national security.

THIS! is the best way to deal with unwanted phone calls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=mkdoogjic4I&v=-7OgWcwgB50

Last edited:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
That's something else I have always wondered about.........................:Doh::winky:

It always comes down to size... :Sad:

I don't know what an integer is but I've no doubt at all.... :Doh:

Mine is MASSIVE... :thumb::Cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, and thanks... My computer takes quite a while to start up and says I have a long running file, any solution please :Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a question for you ....

did you ever find your other socks?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
/thanks Oddsocks. That's very kind of you.... I'll try not to monopolise the thread as I have hundreds of questions... I am a bit dense to say the least on computer technology so you will have to be very basic in your answers... Looking forward to getting some of my problems sorted. :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You would have to set one up yourself. By right clicking on the shortcut to Firefox and selecting properties a properties box appears.

View attachment 25597

You can add your own personal shortcut. I use Ctrl + Alt + F

The shortcut to Firefox will be on your desktop, or possibly on your start bar. It will look like this:

View attachment 25598

You can create your personal shortcut as required, as there is no standard one for this app.

Even better way to get a 'shortcut' to Firefox:

• Left click on the Windows button/image (bottom left of screen)
  • Left click on All programs
  • Right click on Firefox
  • Left click on Pin to Taskbar

It will then be in the Taskbar (I have mine at the bottom of my screen) where you can just left click on it when you want to open it.

You can do the same for other programmes too, I have Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Email etc there ... and a calculator too!:thumb:

Attachments

• firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 7

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
/thanks Oddsocks. That's very kind of you.... I'll try not to monopolise the thread as I have hundreds of questions... I am a bit dense to say the least on computer technology so you will have to be very basic in your answers... Looking forward to getting some of my problems sorted. :thumb:

Joy you little flirt!!!! Playing the helpless maiden again I see to 'catch' your man ... we know you're really after his body!!!! ::bigsmile::winky:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy you little flirt!!!! Playing the helpless maiden again I see to 'catch' your man ... we know you're really after his body!!!! ::bigsmile::winky:

You been listening to the wrong advice again.....:Smile::winky: .... I've only just learned how to switch the darn machine on!!!!!!! Catching men my least desire .... using the computer on the other hand ..:Doh::Doh:

Odd socks, first question, every five minutes my machine puts a message up saying Motorhome fun is not responding. I click on the RECOVER box and it does recover it after a minute, but this is happening over and over again and it takes me forever to work through the posts.... Getting really cheesed off with it..:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back