Rally Chat Ashover Vintage Festival of Lights 2018 Please post on other thread in Scheduled Rallies (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I am definitely interested... I have been to Ashover several times ... Pray for good weather!! If I remember right it raises money for air ambulance.

Definitely grass @weekenders no made up roads ...fairly long grass ...wellies usually required for early morning walks with the dog :D2
Pubs are great..lovely area for walks.... Nice small show...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 7, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
We would definitely be interested

Love a bit of steam and a few old classics!

Best Regards Derick & Jill

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We are interested, thanks (y)

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Been here 2016 & 2017.
The camping is on a long grass field which is full of Cow S**t. You will need a good torch when walking around at night as you will have to dodge the cow pats and dog poo as not everyone were picking up.
2016 it was dry so no traction problems however 2017 was wet and most vans were being towed off (us included) there is a field opposite the entrance that was mowed and used by a club at the 2016 show but none at the 2017 event. This would be much better if it could be used.
There are 3 pubs in Ashover, the nearest allows dogs in and the food is good.
There is also a quaint coffee shop.
There is a brilliant local shop in town selling everything from fresh hot pies, meat, bread and veg through to knitting needles and two doors down there is a Post Office.

WOULD WE GO AGAIN definately but as we have been to the show the last two years on the trot i think we will miss 2018.

Good luck and have a great time.

Jun 30, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 2002
definitely interested Please keep us updated.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We also got a bit stuck in 2017 - got off the field ok but had to be towed on! No problem at all with this tho - there was a vintage tractor section at the rally and the lads were queuing up to pull us as all good fun for them - the old vehicles were doing a great job. Organisers were so helpful and friendly

Great time at night with all the lights and entertainment.

Might see you there

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
OK Everyone the rally is now published first 12 units will be accepted and I will send you the camping forms direct
Not sure I understand this - sorry for being dim o_O.
Does this mean the first 12 who said they were interested will get a form or the first 12 who post from now that they want to come?

Any which way - I'll definitely book if you send me a form :D2

Edited - I've now just seen your post in Scheduled Rallies - so I presume that's where you'd like us to register our "intent" rather than on this thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back