• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

As new 17 inch Continental tyres (2 Viewers)

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
For sale six Continental tyres that have done deliver mileage only (400 miles)
Being removed this week and will be ready for collection from Monday next week from the Derby/Burton on Trent area.now removed and in the garage
Size 235/60 R 17 C load rating 117/115R

Price for all 6 £720 (£120 each) NOW £600 (£100 each)

Might spilt 2 for £200 & 4 for £400
New from Black Circles will cost you £936 for 6 (£156 each)

PLEASE NOTE
Post edited due to incorrect information regarding the manufacturer
Tyres are CONTINENTAL not Michelin size was correct

Last edited:
OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
TeeMyob thanks for your comment where do you find them for this price as i've stated above when i looked at Black Circles they were £156 each hence why i'am asking £120
I'm not out to rob folk but id rather leave them in the garage than give them away.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
TeeMyob thanks for your comment where do you find them for this price as i've stated above when i looked at Black Circles they were £156 each hence why i'am asking £120
I'm not out to rob folk but id rather leave them in the garage than give them away.....
Nothing to me , so should be minding my own business, but if they have been on and off a couple of times and done 400 miles I would say half price is better than sitting in your garage putting on the age, another thread running on here is talking about new tyres delivered for £84.
Just saying(y):)

OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Chaser where in the first post does it say on and off a couple of times ?? please don't quote incorrect facts.
Done a very quick search for the tyres you are referring to and i don't see it please would you copy and paste it for me ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chaser where in the first post does it say on and off a couple of times ?? please don't quote incorrect facts.
Done a very quick search for the tyres you are referring to and i don't see it please would you copy and paste it for me ?
If you are taking them off that's on and off then they have to be put on again
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/alternative-tyres.154976/

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Chaser
You have posted in this thread and quoted incorrect info the link you provided above does not say anywhere that 235/60-17 conti tyres can be purchased for £84 the tyres at £84 are not conti tyres and they are not even the same size.

Also you state they have been on and off a couple of times!!! what difference does this make NONE !!!!!!!!!!! They have obviously been fitted at the factory and now removed what harm will refitting them do NONE

Why do you feel the need to hinder the seller in this way like you say in your 1st post its nothing to you so maybe you should find something better to do with your time rather than try and put down another forum member when you clearly don't know what your talking about

OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your useless information if i require budget tyres in the future i'll know where to go.
But if we were to compare apples to apples i would consider your input but as we're not.....
The link you have sent clearly states a different manufacture a different size and a different weight rating to mine
As for your interest in the times they have been on and off what difference would this make does this change the life time of the tyre I've been told it has no effect.
If you don't want to buy them then that's fine keep out, as you say "nothing to do with me"

For anybody that's still interested after my post has been disrespected please use your own sense and thanks for looking.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
When @TeeMyob poated the other night about price I did a quick look & this was first one up.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/continental-vanco-2-235-60-r17-117-115-r-c
£133 delivered.

OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
gus-lopez thanks for the information so as it can be seen I've reduced them to be inline with what i think is a fair price going on the information supplied.

Price reduced now £100 each

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chaser
You have posted in this thread and quoted incorrect info the link you provided above does not say anywhere that 235/60-17 conti tyres can be purchased for £84 the tyres at £84 are not conti tyres and they are not even the same size.

Also you state they have been on and off a couple of times!!! what difference does this make NONE !!!!!!!!!!! They have obviously been fitted at the factory and now removed what harm will refitting them do NONE

Why do you feel the need to hinder the seller in this way like you say in your 1st post its nothing to you so maybe you should find something better to do with your time rather than try and put down another forum member when you clearly don't know what your talking about
No problem, just trying to help with your sale after someone else had commented, at the price you had quoted you had no chance, and see you now think the same, good luck with your sale(y)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
No problem, just trying to help with your sale after someone else had commented, at the price you had quoted you had no chance, and see you now think the same, good luck with your sale(y)

Read the posts I am not selling them :rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Read the posts I am not selling them :rolleyes:
Fair enough , it's nowt to do with you then either is it;)
Don't know why people get uptight about such things, my son in law has his own tyre fitting company , that's why I know a bit about it.:)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Totally agree.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Fair enough , it's nowt to do with you then either is it;)
Don't know why people get uptight about such things, my son in law has his own tyre fitting company , that's why I know a bit about it.:)
Well you obviously dont know anything about it as you got involved and slated the seller M50 saying he was too expensive and that you could buy tyres for £84 when you were incorrect on both size and manufacturer

Also I am not getting uptight about it simply pointing out your inexperience in tyres and the fact you were trying to devalue the sellers price.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
For sale six Continental tyres that have done deliver mileage only (400 miles)
Being removed this week and will be ready for collection from Monday next week from the Derby/Burton on Trent area.
Size 235/60 R 17 C load rating 117/115R

Price for all 6 £720 (£120 each) NOW £600 (£100 each)

Might spilt 2 for £200 & 4 for £400
New from Black Circles will cost you £936 for 6 (£156 each)

PLEASE NOTE
Post edited due to incorrect information regarding the manufacturer
Tyres are CONTINENTAL not Michelin size was correct
In case you are not aware, you can also edit the advert title to show the correct tyre manufacturer.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well you obviously dont know anything about it as you got involved and slated the seller M50 saying he was too expensive and that you could buy tyres for £84 when you were incorrect on both size and manufacturer

Also I am not getting uptight about it simply pointing out your inexperience in tyres and the fact you were trying to devalue the sellers price.
Look , I have no axe to grind here but I will just add my last comment on here in defence, no I did not slate anyone, and I didn't say you could buy the same tyres, just that someone was saying you could find new different ones, for £84 , I did in fact have new Michelin tyres on our van , ok 16s but they were £90 fitted off the said son in law, I was just talking in general , and if anyone is thinking of buying tyres at £150 odd quid I don't think they will be looking at second hand ones for £120 , that's all.
Now i hesitate to say this, as it's going back again , but there was also no mention of why he's removing them or what age is stamped on them.
If I had been selling them I would have expected £75 to be reasonable.
Just wish I hadn't said anything now and I know your response will be I shouldn't have then, ok said it for you.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My apologies to M50.

Maybe I should of sent you a PM. I wasn't out to sabotage your sale, more help you out as tyres is one of my geeky traits.

TM
Me as well mate, the only thing I could see of coming out of the original post was that you would end up with your tyres stuck in the corner of your garage for five years falling over them every other day , cursing the day you stacked them there til they were out of date and ending up having to pay to take them to the tip.:(
Edit. Believe me iv been there , done that, first loss is always the best loss.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Christ some people get uptight about nothing.

Why some are picking on @chaser is beyond me:doh:
Cheers chris , I know I come over a miserable ,penny pinching old bugger on here, maybe it's right as well, but mostly only trying to offer advice as I see it on what I have done and seen over the years, it's nothing to me what he does and should have said nothing, maybe I'll learn one day.:(

OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Icantremember it must be me but I don't find anywhere to edit the title any pointers please and I'll will change it

TeeMyob no hard feelings towards you I read your post with the advice in mind that I gather it was intended for

For all those that are losing sleep
they were removed from delivery due to winter tyres that have been fitted ,before anyone starts on at me about having winters on in the summer I'm not interested in any of your negative comments it's my choice.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Icantremember it must be me but I don't find anywhere to edit the title any pointers please and I'll will change it

TeeMyob no hard feelings towards you I read your post with the advice in mind that I gather it was intended for

they were removed from delivery due to winter tyres that have been fitted ,before anyone starts on at me about having winters on in the summer I'm not interested in any of your negative comments it's my choice.
If you go to your first post in the thread, at the top is a menu option of THREAD TOOLS... drop this down and you will see EDIT TITLE.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Sorry, off topic but can I ask what winter tyres you got and where from as I'm looking into doing that as well...(y)

Thanks

OP
OP
M50

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Winters came from Round Trip via eBay brilliant service

Tyres removed from knaus happy now :D

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Don't think you'll get any grief running winters all year round, we do it all the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back