Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Motherwell scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Two weeks off, middle of May.
Suggestions please for a Newbie, on decent sites From Scotland to Brighton and back.
Presume down the East back up the West................I know two weeks isn't long but it's a start.
Thanks

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok Ill start, well, If I were you I would be going North not South, but if you want to come and explore our great country, then York is a must and there are several sites around there with easy access to Park and Ride or there are places in York you can wild it. Naburn lock springs to mind as somewhere nice. Also My other favourite city is the wonderful Bath, a little out your way but a fine city, stopping on the Marina camp site is a lovely site and worth a visit with easy Park and Ride in to the fabulous Bath.
then there's my Driveway in Cheshire, 3 miles from junction 17 of the M6. Cotton arms in Wrenbury,. oh theres so much, you are going to have to give us a bit of a clue.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
PAPAJAX

PAPAJAX

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Motherwell scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
To Brighton

Thanks for the quick respnse Haganap.
I thought 2 nights each stop.........which would give me 3 stops to Brighton, 3 stops back North.
York, funnily enough was the one I considered as my first..............after that I was a bit unsure.
Bath sounds great and I could probably do that on my way back.
Anywhere worth stopping in Wales ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornishgail

Free Member
Dec 17, 2009
sunny[sometimes] Cornwall
Funster No
MH
self conversion
Exp
10yrs
Cornwall

:thumb:Head southwest!! May is the time to visit Cornwall before the school holidays.
Beatiful gardens all over the county to see at their very best and beaches that aren't crowded ---with parking places!!
If you belong to the Caravan Club or CCC then they have wonderful little sites of max x5 units all over the county very cheap so---
come on down!!!

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Come and visit the beautiful Dee valley in North Wales, Llangollen canal boats, Unesco World Heritage site to the aquaduct at Froncysyllte, steam train,white water rafting,canoeing,mountain biking,fishing,walking,
Plas Newydd,
Valle Crucis abbey,
Dinas Bran castle. Mini golf park for kids. Stay at CC Lady Margaret Chirk,The Plassey or in Llangollen.
Then onto Chirk castle
http:///www.chirk.com/castle.html
,Powis Castle and Erddyg Hall and
the Pstyll Rhaedar ( Rhaeder waterfall)
and best of all the wonderful Colinnette wool shop
Link Removed open Mon to Fri only

OP
OP
PAPAJAX

PAPAJAX

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Motherwell scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks Folks,
You made Cornwall sound so inviting, how can one resist.
Same Coast as Wales !!!!
Maybe leave Brighton for another day.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
St Ives in Cornwall a definite, stop at the Ayrs campsite, Link Removed fantastic clifftop views, spotless amenities and just 7 mins walk down to the harbour.
Great friendly pubs, good restaurants, just a really idyllic place to stay.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
St Ives in Cornwall a definite, stop at the Ayrs campsite, Link Removed fantastic clifftop views, spotless amenities and just 7 mins walk down to the harbour.
Great friendly pubs, good restaurants, just a really idyllic place to stay.:thumb:

guys, I can't believe the both of us neglected to mention the wonderful Chester:Sad:

OP
OP
PAPAJAX

PAPAJAX

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Motherwell scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Oh Chester:thumb:...............Love it, and Liverpool,:thumb: brilliant city, done both several times.
Never left enough time though, to slink over the border into Wales.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back