Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are looking to upgrade to 77E fits the bill on layout and what we are looking for (top end of our budget !)
Anyone got one? things you don't like? Quality ?
Had good look at NEC only issue was spec had small fridge for some reason.
Others on our short list Frankia i740, Dethleffs i7157, Le Voyageur 7.8, Hymer 704
Thanks
Jim

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Is this the N&B you are looking at?, has it been tango,d like this one?
What is that window in the toilet all about?, why would anyone want a large window in the bog?, very strange. I love N&B's could never afford a new one though, but a good 3 year old one is on my wish list, was one recently on The Southdowns website, but it was sold by the time I got wind of it, probably because it had just about every upgrade including full air, all for 79K on a 14 plate with low mileage.
Good luck in your decisions.
Les

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The original poster clearly sates the N+B model is a 77E. Why post a link for a 85E ?

below is a link to a 77E

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ve owned the pictured 74R for the past 8 years. I'm firmly of the opinion that the Arto is the best Fiat based MH you can buy.

If you really want to have a good look, see all the variations and have a factory tour to see how they re made the factory have an open weekend 9th-10th November at Polch 5-6 hours drive from Calais. Its open to anyone and free camping on the fields around the factory.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
The original poster clearly sates the N+B model is a 77E. Why post a link for a 85E ?

below is a link to a 77E

I'm guessing its something to do with the title .....

1571663480234.png

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp

below is a link to a 77E

Sorry canopus I did type 77E into the you tube search engine, and didn't notice the video was for an 85E Doh! will I ever be forgiven, for such a humongous mistake?
I also think The 77E is by far better than the 85E, especially as there are no Tango Graphics and no panoramic window in the bog, plus the drop down bed at the front option.
Les

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sorry canopus I did type 77E into the you tube search engine, and didn't notice the video was for an 85E Doh! will I ever be forgiven, for such a humongous mistake?
I also think The 77E is by far better than the 85E, especially as there are no Tango Graphics and no panoramic window in the bog, plus the drop down bed at the front option.
Les

AFAIK its all optional with both models.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Our Rapido has a big window in the bog too. Continental exhibitionists I suppose. We keep the blind permanently closed.

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have looked at the 77E at NEC just wanting some feedback from any owners
don't want anything over 8m as wont fit on the drive.
If there are any second-hand ones out there that could be a good option right-hand drive.
My German is not very good!
From what the sales man told me this model is popular and most owners don't sell them quickly after purchase.
Jim

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I have looked at the 77E at NEC just wanting some feedback from any owners
don't want anything over 8m as wont fit on the drive.
If there are any second-hand ones out there that could be a good option right-hand drive.
My German is not very good!
From what the sales man told me this model is popular and most owners don't sell them quickly after purchase.
Jim

I thinks its a new model. so probably not many around second hand, but there are a feww on mobile.de but all will be LHD. Many of the folk in the UK N&B club are on LHD because the layouts work better and they re more choice and a bit cheaper from Mobile.de etc.

a 2nd hand 76 is likely to be a lot cheaper.

Broken Link Removed

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks jongood for posting weblink to Mobile.de, I have looked on the site in generic terms before for Carthago's & Hymers but now seem to be more focused on N&B Left Hookers.
I like the 76 also, but not with the black leather interiors so much, and pref a Euro 6.
I will when ready go and see some in the flesh one day when I am ready to trade up, but will have to sell our RHD over here beforehand (limited market) a mistake I hope I will only make once.
Les

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks
one thing that is a concern is there only seems to be habitational door no cab doors !
really need one door either side for safe egress.
This might not be an issue
Jim

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I’ve looked at the 78f and that is what I think I’ll have next.
There’s a couple in Holland at the right price, especially now as the exchange rate is better.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks
one thing that is a concern is there only seems to be habitational door no cab doors !
really need one door either side for safe egress.
This might not be an issue
Jim

Its very rare to see a premium German make with two doors. They did make Artos with another door I think 2012-13 but dropped it because it wasn't popular. We are on our second arto 14 years in total with 1 door. The benefit is quieter, warmer and more secure. You just have to be aware of how you park it.

Jon

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hab door is optional, but you can get it. We looked at the 77le. Its the same as ours layout wise as good as, but single wheel and I want an AUto. I spoke with Ryan and he said he had sold two this week.
We have been thinking of changing ours but are now going to wait for another N&B to come about. you buy in to something with the brand, you spend a shit load more money, you get some amazing design stuff, but you spend a day in a field with the same view as the poor Hymer guy next to you.
Off to the factory in a couple of weeks which is nice in itself. I probably think this time next year my neighbours might see a different N&B on the drive.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
You don’t need additional doors. In an emergency you get out through the windows,

As jongood said, it’s more secure and warmer with one door. I would think that it gives more room as well. We had two Arto’s and now have a Concorde... none have had additional doors nor would we want them.

In answer to your original question... we really liked our Arto’s. I think they’re well built and stylish.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Apparently the drivers door is still available but 80% of customers don't spec it preferring the insulation according to N&B, I do also wonder if cost comes into it as it wont be cheap!
1571759438151.png

1571759438151.png

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks
As hab door on right-hand best to have left-hand cab door I think

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wouldn't want one wihtout a HAB door to be honest. As I said earlier, can be specked in, not at a lot of cost too. Last time I asked it was left than £1500. In fairness, ours is that well built for the winter that even with the hab door we don't get any additional drafts through, certainly nopt compared to our previous Aclass and our c class. Yes you I could and Nikki could climb out the window in an emergency but I know plenty that couldn't climb out of a bed let alone a window :unsure:
Although champers and I were conversing the other night about days gone by and edgy and others would know that getting out of cab doors whilst pissed is my specialty although, it's generally falling out of them completely..

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You need to forget any notions of owning a Flair then Paul haganap as they don't even come with the option of a door.

Martin

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Hi I know this is an old post but did you ever buy a 77e as we are now looking at buying a new one. We had an Arto 69l for several years then bought a Carthago 3 years ago but never really gelled with it.
Thanks

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
We ve owned the pictured 74R for the past 8 years. I'm firmly of the opinion that the Arto is the best Fiat based MH you can buy.

If you really want to have a good look, see all the variations and have a factory tour to see how they re made the factory have an open weekend 9th-10th November at Polch 5-6 hours drive from Calais. Its open to anyone and free camping on the fields around the factory.
You goin this time Jon ready for a good knees up never mind the m homes o and the imbiss take care Tony Lois

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi I know this is an old post but did you ever buy a 77e as we are now looking at buying a new one. We had an Arto 69l for several years then bought a Carthago 3 years ago but never really gelled with it.
Thanks
You might do better if you quote ( like I just have) or mention the OP, JimboT to mention you start their name with an @ and the more you type the more it narrows it down

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back