Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Broken Link Removed

I own an earlier model Arto than this and will be setting off for France on Tuesday 9th October. As this is our first trip abroad in this mh does anyone know if I can use ordinary beam benders on these type of lights and if not what do I use?

Norman

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Broken Link Removed

I own an earlier model Arto than this and will be setting off for France on Tuesday 9th October. As this is our first trip abroad in this mh does anyone know if I can use ordinary beam benders on these type of lights and if not what do I use?

Norman

As I've said before I would not, and do not bother. Been stopped many times when I lived in France and with UK cars and motorbikes, document checks, alcotest etc, but never asked about my headlight beams.

However if you do wish to, an easy solution is park up close to a wall, switch on your dipped beam headlights and place some black electrical tape over section of lamp that projects the cut up light that beams onto the UK nearside kerb. No chance then to "dazzle"
anyone and if you are stopped no worries.....:thumb:

It's normally the opposite area to what you initially expect the first time you do it, but just experiment blocking the light with your hand and you will quickly find where to mask.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I'm sure someone on here showed how to remove the mounting screws and rotate the dipping headlamp so that it dipped right not left.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back