Arto 5.9 metre ,year 1999..2.8 fiat engine, reviews owners advice (1 Viewer)

Billy Grumplin

Free Member
Sep 3, 2017
Funster No
Hello Campers ,I'm thinking of buying 1999 ..5.9 metre arto bischoff with 2.8 fiat engine would like advice and jinfo to help me in this purchase......,

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Oh, and :pink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I had one and loved it, the rear bed is a bit claustrophobic and the table got in the way so I removed it. Check for misting on double glazed sliding window panels in front as this is a an expensive fix. Make sure front roller blind fits snugly in runners. Failure to fit in runners is a sign of damp damage.
Enjoy

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
I had one and loved it, the rear bed is a bit claustrophobic and the table got in the way so I removed it. Check for misting on double glazed sliding window panels in front as this is a an expensive fix. Make sure front roller blind fits snugly in runners. Failure to fit in runners is a sign of damp damage.
Enjoy
Damp damage to what ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I had one and loved it, Check for misting on double glazed sliding window panels in front as this is a an expensive fix. Quote clipped.
Enjoy
The steamy double glazing is an easy DIY fix for a couple of hundred £ or less.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hello Campers ,I'm thinking of buying 1999 ..5.9 metre arto bischoff with 2.8 fiat engine would like advice and jinfo to help me in this purchase......,
I think the only place to check for damp is the garage floor as sometimes the door seals leak apparently the main body is double skinned alloy with no wood no nothing to check, I have heard of some people using a probe damp meter and they will show 100%:LOL:

Martin

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The steamy double glazing is an easy DIY fix for a couple of hundred £ or less.

Martin
This is not so I took mine to Polch, the N B factrory in Germany and the windows that were bonded in were cut out and replaced. They would not have done this if an easy fix were possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is not so I took mine to Polch, the N B factrory in Germany and the windows that were bonded in were cut out and replaced. They would not have done this if an easy fix were possible.
OK but they should be bedded on non setting mastic which makes it easy, somebody must have refitted them with Sikaflex at some time would be my guess.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Martin is speaking from experience, he has done this himself for peanuts compared to the dealer prices. I amazed they cut them out when you need to take the inside trim/catch off and ease the whole lot out, then try and get the glass out without breaking it which would be the hardest part.

They could have been taken out before and someone erroneously used sikaflex instead of non setting mastic as Martin said.

I checked earlier this year when I was going to buy an Arto and it would cost 1950 euros to replace an Arto side window at Polch, but would be more than this at Travelworld.

So todays exchange rate it would be 4 grand at Polch to do both sides and about 5 grand at TW.

If you had a bit of dry storage you could do both sides yourself for about £200 ish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back