Arriving ferry port Holland 8am July (1 Viewer)

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Hi we’re arriving Holland late July on route to Denmark/Sweden. Ferry docks 8am and we’re looking for a site within reasonable distance.
We’re meeting friends to chill for a couple of nights, any comments (or routes to take appreciated)
Thanks

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Which port, and what would you think to be a reasonable distance?

OP
OP
Ianm18

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for yr reply, Port Rotterdam and was thinking maybe 200 ish miles or so. Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
It may be a bit far out for you, but I've used one called Kuiperberg before. Its near Oldenzaal, which should be on your route if you are driving direct.

If you are stopping for a couple of days, theres quite a bit to do in the area. Depending on what you like, of course.

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
There is a campsite side of the canal in Winsum Groningen, about 3 hrs drive from the port, this is on your way to Denmark..

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Marenland Recreation, Winsumerdiep 6, 9951CG Winsum, Netherlands it is my husband's village...

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, I have just looked at their website and yes ehu available plaatsen een electra
It is a very nice area, only 10km from the north sea, Groningen is a nice city, easy to get to driving or by train from Winsum. Winsum has 2 windmills and a bridge between Obergum and Winsum the pub by the side of the bridge is J& A and they make the best salad cobs going everything in it beautifully presented and eggs freshly boiled to order...
We are going to Winsum but too late to see you.. 20th July we shall arrive and a week later Denmark Vamman camping...

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
There is a campsite side of the canal in Winsum Groningen, about 3 hrs drive from the port, this is on your way to Denmark..

@Lunnie I'm interested as to the reason you suggest this route. Whenever I arrive in Rotterdam, the usual route I take up to Denmark is the Rotterdam-Utrecht- Apeldoorn-Oldenzaal-Osnabruck-Bremen-Hamburg as I find it quickest.

I find the one that would follow to Denmark from Groningen puts me on the wrong side of Hamburg, therefore takes much longer/costs more especially as the Elbe ferry has t o be included as part of the trip. Presumably as your husband is from the area, there is a solid reason for the suggestion. Would you care to expand?

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Because we will be travelling from Winsum to Denmark, first week visiting his sister, cousins in Drenthe, then children and grandchildren in Winsum, no we don't really have a choice.. agree it is not the straightest way to Denmark, but it is possible and you see a different part of Holland.

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Because we will be travelling from Winsum to Denmark, first week visiting his sister, cousins in Drenthe, then children and grandchildren in Winsum, no we don't really have a choice.. agree it is not the straightest way to Denmark, but it is possible and you see a different part of Holland.

Ah, that explains things.

The thought hit me that we both might just be acquainted with the same person in that area. He used to/probably still sells on the markets in that area.

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
My husband I believe is related by blood or marriage to most of the village, he knows most of them and more importantly they know him, he still meets up with the man who when born was out in the same bed, meet the daughter of the midwife who delivered him...lol I just leave him in the centre whilst he say hoi and chats to all and do the shopping , he is 77yrs so knows a lot of things and people...

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
@Lunnie the guy I know sells sewing articles on the markets, as did his father. They are not from your husbands village, but Hengelo.

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
No he doesn't know him.... that' a first...lol

OP
OP
Ianm18

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
@Lunnie we’ll be arriving at the site on 22/07 for 2nights. Thanks for your comments/advice I can see it’s not a direct route but we are not in a rush.

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Hi we will be in Winsum then, if you would like to meet up...FB Joan Lunn Leugs try messenger we have wifi when with friends but I don't use my phone for calls..
It would nice to meet another funsters..

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Looking forward to meeting you

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
As it happens, I'll be over in Sweden/Denmark around that time. Not exactly sure when as yet. A lot depends on how long it takes me to recover from being in Sweden over Midsummer! :LOL:

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
As I look forward to crossing paths with you

We can message each other nearer the time. After the 20th July should be fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back