Armrest fitting … again, got the gear, no idea (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Hi everyone, I have a 2017 Peugeot boxer and want to fit a right hand armrest on the drivers seat. I have read the previous threads about this but they were back in 2017 so I just wondered if there is anyone who has successfully done this and can give me any tips advice solutions or anything at all really…
I have an armrest ready….

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I have a 2007 Boxer. Has two armrests on both seats. I thought that they just bolted on.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I'd start by taking the left hand one off to see how it is fixed and see if the right hand side has the same to attach too. Before you start make sure there is enough room between seat and door, just saying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, I have very successfully had additional armrests fitted. The reason there is only one originally fitted to each seat is because this was how Fiat supplied all their vans for the U.K. market in 2017. Fitting an additional armrest involves removing the seat covering, welding a plate to the side of the seat frame for the arm fixing. The plate locates roughly in the position of the lumbar support knob. You do lose easy access for lumbar control but you can later adjust the lumbar mechanism behind the seat fabric.
You do need to check that the armrest will clear the steering wheel and the door to enable rotation of the seat. This is specific to each conversion dependant on the rotating seat base height and location. I did this using a cardboard mock-up. In my case the armrest needs to be down to clear under the steering wheel.
I had mine fitted by Regal Furnishing who originally supplied all the soft furnishing for my Vantage PVC. The new armrests were Fiat parts and the final job looks totally original. They have done this job many times and complete the work in one day, they have hook up facilities if you need to stay overnight. I can’t recall the price, but it was very reasonable. Highly recommended.
Having watched the process, I don’t think it’s a diy job unless you are comfortable stripping a seat down to the bare frame and can successfully rebuild. I recommend you leave it to the experts.

OP
OP
uzsnowdrop
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Yes, I have very successfully had additional armrests fitted. The reason there is only one originally fitted to each seat is because this was how Fiat supplied all their vans for the U.K. market in 2017. Fitting an additional armrest involves removing the seat covering, welding a plate to the side of the seat frame for the arm fixing. The plate locates roughly in the position of the lumbar support knob. You do lose easy access for lumbar control but you can later adjust the lumbar mechanism behind the seat fabric.
You do need to check that the armrest will clear the steering wheel and the door to enable rotation of the seat. This is specific to each conversion dependant on the rotating seat base height and location. I did this using a cardboard mock-up. In my case the armrest needs to be down to clear under the steering wheel.
I had mine fitted by Regal Furnishing who originally supplied all the soft furnishing for my Vantage PVC. The new armrests were Fiat parts and the final job looks totally original. They have done this job many times and complete the work in one day, they have hook up facilities if you need to stay overnight. I can’t recall the price, but it was very reasonable. Highly recommended.
Having watched the process, I don’t think it’s a diy job unless you are comfortable stripping a seat down to the bare frame and can successfully rebuild. I recommend you leave it to the experts.
Thanks for that detailed reply, helpful.
Guessed the job was beyond me, co-incidentally have a quote from Regal for upholstery( they are so good on customer service) so they could do it if an armrest can be found.
no swivel on my seat and happy to lose the lumbar support for the benefit of an armrest. Thanks for taking the time to reply much appreciated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back