Argos E-Plus 27" wheel hybrid folding electric bike. Any good or bad reviews? (1 Viewer)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I am looking for a cheap ebike ready for when we will be able to go touring in France again. The E-Plus 27 ticks a few boxes. Have any Funsters purchased this model and have and feedback?

Thanks.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you get what you pay for.
No idea about the one you mention.
Cheap bikes may have cut corners with nylon bearings and inferior batteries, for example.
Our first E-bike failed after three years and we have now bought an even more expensive one.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
See if you can get a test ride.
My reservation would be the battery capacity and life.
Find out if you can get a second one and what price it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
The reviews look ok, but it would depend on your expectations. For example a replacement Bosch battery is around the £500 mark. If all you want to do is go to the shops, it will do fine. :gum:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Firstly never buy a bike without riding it first as different build geometry makes a tremendous difference to how nice a bike is to ride.
I can't see it being much cop at that price only the price of a half decent normal bike also front hub drive the worst type.
Also max range is given as 31 miles in real terms that probably means about 10-12 miles in the real world, means you will be riding it home without power most of the time, which is a lot harder than a normal bike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back