LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just wondering really how we all camp.

If I am on a site in the Summer we park up, wind out the awning , chuck some tables and chairs up and then crack a beer open.

We are not particularly tidy.

Then I see others with a very neat table, nice tablecloth and some flowers in the middle of the table.
Sometimes they have their tubs of fresh herbs out as well no doubt for gourmet cooking and fine dining.

Which category do you fall into?

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
The same as you.

I like a bit of a mess:)

Most campers I see spend all morning washing, cleaning blah blah.

I just relax and let it all build up and then have a blast.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Same as you apart from I usually crack open a beer before I get the awning or chairs out (y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Same as you but get out the wine

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Coming from a military background we use the old saying "a place for everything and everything in it's place".
We do have things like a tablecloth, sometimes flowers, but no fresh herbs sorry. If we go out everything goes away 95% of the time and before we go to bed everything is put away, seats facing forward etc etc.
Old habits die hard and we are always ready for a "crash out" those of military background will know what that means.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We're a bit messy, if after 2 its sometimes a G&T for me but more likely to be a tea, chairs out and people watch or read or both, dark sunglasses are so useful.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Same as you and proud of it.
Even bloody worse when I'm on my motorbike and using the tent just got back from a week in the tent had a hour long bath and at least 9 hours kip last night finally feel human again. :eek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Definitely of the messy type
Really try to keep it all neat and tidy but somehow our pitch often ends up looking awful as though a heard of marauding Itinerant types have come on the pitch, dumped all the stuff everywhere and then run away !

I think the main issue is I am for ever getting called upon to get the tools out .. Fixing stuff for folk often means a bit of clutter builds up.. OK, so it gets cleared up but there are times I approach a pitch we are on and think 'oh gawd !!!! '

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just wondering really how we all camp.

If I am on a site in the Summer we park up, wind out the awning , chuck some tables and chairs up and then crack a beer open.

We are not particularly tidy.

Which category do you fall into?
same as yours......

We have a motorhome not a caravan....

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Messy camp definitely - Although our neighbours @Mousy have colour coordinated serviettes, hors derves in posh dishes, posh Pashminas for when it gets chilly, and an endless supply of nuts, so we leave our mess and go and sit with them, and when it gets cold we go into our other neighbours @Popeye who always put the heating on and break out the liquors, and let us stay there until very late! (y)

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
2015-09-19 autumn2015 002.JPG

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Military man ethos here. I am however a Folding Camper camper - til 12 Dec :clap: so I am the one that you lot "people watch" and write about with all the faffing that has to be done, and then there is the awning:cry:. Still when up and settled, I'll have the beer, tea, wine etc, but everything must go away. Only mess is after cooking, but then it gets piled up in the bowl and washed straight after. Just cannot turn in with a mess around me. I am not ready for a "crash out", but life at sea makes you put everything away - straight away.
What sort of camper am I gunna be when considered a motorhomer? Still the same probably.

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
when it gets cold we go into our other neighbours @Popeye who always put the heating on and break out the liquors, and let us stay there until very late!

You and your Gob Ger, if @cruiser reads this he'll know I carry the occasional bottle or two, worth mentioning though that @Taran_Las is always there to provide the necessary sustenance and help me empty the bottles of Port.

We only invite you Ger because you are a tidy Camper, everything is washed and put away before retiring. Thank-you.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Loving all the descriptions! We were very messy campers when our girls were young and had a huge frame tent ! But motorhome
Life means keeping things tidy and have the basics! I do have a basket kept in the unused cooker full of kitchen accessories which are all miniature sized!

Deleted User
We chuck the dogs beds out as soon as arrive, so the pitch must look a mess, then the dogs pile out couple chairs and table. If we are staying a while we wind awning out with windbreaks around the legs to contain the dogs. Inside always tidy as it's too small to leave stuff out. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
No we aren't messy campers. We weren't when the kids used to come with us either. All 3 had their own space for their bits n bobs .
We both can't stand clutter. We don't do plants , standard lamps, pictures, teddies on beds and dashboards (what's all that about !!) in the van . The tables and chairs come out if it's sunny, as does the awning. If not they stay in the van.
We get to where we are. Spin the seats round. I take out the dog for a wee, while Ralph sorts out the TV satellite for later. Then when I'm back we either open the bar , put the kettle on , or get the tea on if we aren't eating out. We are still deciding on where to go this weekend. We're trying to avoid the bad weather ! Looks like we shall be lucky to find somewhere within 3 hours away this time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back