Are you like me, Too embarrassed to get horny? (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Can't say that I have ever used my horn in anger - that's not what it's there for and brings into question the attitude of the driver. I have occasionally used it to warn another road user of my presence, as a short toot accompanied by a friendly wave, or on approaching a blind bend or emerging from a narrow driveway or alley with restricted visibility. A loud aggressive horn is the last thing I would want in those circumstances as it is more likely to encourage the wrong type of response.

I take your point about loud perhaps not encouraging the correct response but, what is the point of a horn which cannot be heard by the intended recipient?
I positively never use a horn as a rebuke but, on the odd occasion when I do need to use it, I want it to have the desired effect.

So to that end I have used the same horns for years, a pair which I removed from an old Land Rover Discovery & it is certainly loud. Fitting it from vehicle to vehicle is a doddle, I just leave the old horn in place.
Our last moho was Ducato based & the horn was pathetic (bit like the rest of the vehicle) but, our current vehicle is a Mercedes & the horn is perfectly adequate.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I must say this thread brought to mind an incident which nearly blew my eardrums away when walking past a tank transporter it was a mighty Antar and some may remember , the airhorn was fitted on the wing at head height I was about a foot away when the driver gave it a blast
:confused::confused::mad:

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
This made me think of Pulley who really likes sounding our air horns whenever he is alone in a tunnel! Big kid! . Don’t think he’s ever had to use them otherwise!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back