Are you away for the Bank Holiday? (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
We're looking to get away for the BH this weekend and are looking for a site sutable for a large RV, with electric hookup, preferably hardstanding.

Are you going anywhere that may be suitable?

If so, please post details (or PM if you want) and we may come along if the site has space.

Cheers
Bryan

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: We are going to the BMFA Nationals at Barkston Heath. There are no hooks ups. But we DO have a generator. It is an RAF Airfield so it is MORE than big enough for RV's :winky:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
staying home cause hubby working...not fair!!

im not going anywhere...sorry bryan...:frowny:
crying-buddy-icon-animated.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
We recently had 18 days in France then had to go back to work :frowny: , Done 4 days at work and thought bugger it so gone back to here Link Removed

Another site with FREE WI-FI :roflmto:

Be here over the BH weekend then back home ...:Mad: perhaps

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We recently had 18 days in France then had to go back to work :frowny: , Done 4 days at work and thought bugger it so gone back to here Link Removed

Another site with FREE WI-FI :roflmto:

Be here over the BH weekend then back home ...:Mad: perhaps

That looks good Mark - what is the tarriff?

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
:Cool: We are going to the BMFA Nationals at Barkston Heath. There are no hooks ups. But we DO have a generator. It is an RAF Airfield so it is MORE than big enough for RV's :winky:

Thanks John,

I would love to go to this, have you got more details?
(Who to call, how much, etc.)

When are you arriving there? We'd be wanting to get there Friday afternoon. How does the camping bit work at this type of event? Would we be able to park near you by mentioning your name or is is a free for all?

My main concern is that while I would thoroughly enjoy the event, we will have our 7 year old granddaughter with us and I'm worried that there would be nothing for her. Is that the case?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Anyone else going anywhere this weekend?

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: hi Bryan. All the information can be found here:-

Link Removed

Costs £20 each person for Camping from Friday through to Tuesday morning. It includes entry to all areas of the Showground and Competitions. Usually every night is a free-for-all flying all sorts of free flight models on the large grass area. There is also flying in a BIG Hangar along with a Bar and Food for sale. :winky:

BTW. You can park anywhere just about. It IS a free for all. There are lots of young children go. Our 5 year old grandaughter is going. They fly kites, kick a football. Ride a bike. You name it? There is also a competition for children to build and fly Model Gliders. We will be arriving sometime Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're going to Swiss International Henley on Thames.
34ft Rv Hardstanding Hook up & water booked a few days ago no problem.
Had a look on the web last night and found a few local events going on including a 3 day music festival near by and will use the motorbike to visit Windsor as well hopefully. Shame we have to travel back in holiday traffic Monday but I have to take my daughter back to Uni Monday evening. Just hope the weathers going to be ok.

Link Removed

Hope you find somewhere

Cheers
Ror

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
John,

Don't think we'll be making it. Tryin gto find a place with stuff for the little one (pool, play area etc.)

Ror,

Bit far but thanks for the info. Looks a lovely place.

Anyone?? :whatthe:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi was going to white house beach lowestoft but had to cancel because off work a driver down!!! rats weather looks good too!! :frowny: might go rutland water on sunday :Smile:

ray

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
John,

Don't think we'll be making it. Tryin gto find a place with stuff for the little one (pool, play area etc.)
Anyone?? :whatthe:

Weve got all that Bryan, Book a ferry, the weathers just brightened up again on the Costa Brava :roflmto: When shall we expect you? Late Fri or early doors sat? :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're going Link Removed from tomorrow morning until Monday. As members of a re-enactment group (English Civil War Society) we get free camping in a genuine field with real portaloos :Smile:

Graham

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Sam,
Just put Dave on the train, or send him home on a cycle ha ha he he:RollEyes::roflmto:

hi graham....we are now spending some time with the family as my mum is off to greece next week for a while..think we are going around on fri for a couple of drinks then out on sunday for a karaoke....come join us & meet my parents..hhee hhee :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
hi graham....we are now spending some time with the family as my mum is off to greece next week for a while..think we are going around on fri for a couple of drinks then out on sunday for a karaoke....come join us & meet my parents..hhee hhee :roflmto:

Couple of drinks!!!!! I don't believe it!!!!! Now a couple of gallons, yes I would believe that.:roflmto::whatthe:
However away from jesting, thanks for the invite but I think we are still going to Dumfries & Galloway for a few days or if not, we will be going somewhere!:rofl:
You know us, last minute decision or changes. :Confused:That is what wilding is all about as no campsites booked, just go with the flow!::bigsmile:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
well enjoy & if you are near oswestry..well look us up,you can wild with me at me mums hhee hhee :roflmto:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sam, when are you next going away?:Confused:

not until the 7th sept we have a week off and are going up to whitby...back home on the 16th sept...then the week later sat 22nd we are going to nottingham to my aunties place for an family members 80th (we are stopping in her field in the m/h)..the week later its the meet up with this forum,so i may join them on that depends on my pennies..sammx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back