Are we the only ones having after sales problems. (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
100k ! they ought to be bending over backwards to sort your problems out or even give it a good road test to iorn out problems.
These dealers have not got a clue.
Take the money and hide.

if you bought that from me, i would have personally helped you through the problems--i would have gone on site as well!!
I can`t belive that in this economic climate this still happens!
I hope you get this sorted---shout a little louder!!!

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Absolutely gobsmacked after finaly reading all posts on this thread.
Very wary of buying a MH at all now.Not only Lowdhams but other dealers sound completely blase about customers problems and the vehicles themselves seem to have a miriad of faults , for something brand new.
The Fiat base vehicle has it apears a problem with shudder in reverse and one poster needed a new gearbox after 800 miles:whatthe:
Not much good to us if we are going to be travelling through UK for 6 months,don't want to be laid up for 6 weeks while they fix a tiny fault.
Once we leave UK we won't be covered by the hab. warranty only the Fiat warranty will be transferable.
50K is a bit of a risk after reading this thread.
Against that we have spoken to others who have brought vans back and had nothing but fun doing it.
Let's hope we have the same luck.
Hope the OP gets a successful outcome but will not buy from Lowdhams unless Highbridge can't get near to their price.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Kiwi,

As you say, I think that all this has to be read in the context of very many buyers having little or no trouble with their purchases. Don't be put off, just choose well and be aware of your rights as a buyer. Have a great weekend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GEORDIE

GEORDIE

Free Member
Oct 20, 2011
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
IM A NEEWBIE
SO sorry we did not get to the Lincoln show after all, Due to an unco-operative solicitor with our purchasers buyer, our house sale exchange of contracts was not done until the 18th of September, as it was supposed to of been 2 weeks before with completion on the 15th we were then urged to complete by the 21st of that week, so the weekend was forfeited for the big move. We have been in the new house for a week now and are just about settled.

In the meantime we are pleased to add that we are now happy with the outcome of our negotiations with Ian Brown.

We look forward to being back on the road when we receive our new van that we have ordered this week for an April /May delivery .

Regards to you all.

Geordie

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi Guy's The van is not 3 months old yet, and believe me if they get the damned thing going again we shall certainly be heading for Newark on a visit. We may even push the boat out and go to the NEC in October and do a bit of creative selling for them. The problems with the loss of power seems to be to do with the new Comfort matic Gearbox, but I'm not convinced. You would think they would have the decency (Lowdhams) to contact us and see how we are fairing, but to say keep us in formed was a bloody cheek. So I figure the best way to keep them informed is to post on any site that I can. Any suggestions welcome please?:thumb:

Wow, you have the patience and tolerance of a saint. I would have taken it back to them and had some fun with the sales manager's head. Think ill print you post and drop it off at Lowdhams stand when im at the NEC. If you are going let me know, Id like to witness your rant! Keith

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
personally id take it to the Dethleffs stand at the NEC and show them how some of their dealers treat the customers.

im sure Dethleffs would have helped get it sorted.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
personally id take it to the Dethleffs stand at the NEC and show them how some of their dealers treat the customers.

im sure Dethleffs would have helped get it sorted.

Surely the first question would be to ask why they sent out such a pile of shite in the first place.

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
dead right

Surely the first question would be to ask why they sent out such a pile of shite in the first place.
Thank you for making me laugh out loud!
You have a wonderful way with words!:ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Lowdhams Again

Another post slating Lowdhams
[HI]both their service & Pr Teams need a good kick in the Arris[/HI]

last bunch I'll deal with but my sympathies lie with the buyer.

bigrod

Free Member
Jul 2, 2013
yarm,cleveland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
lowdhams

SO sorry we did not get to the Lincoln show after all, Due to an unco-operative solicitor with our purchasers buyer, our house sale exchange of contracts was not done until the 18th of September, as it was supposed to of been 2 weeks before with completion on the 15th we were then urged to complete by the 21st of that week, so the weekend was forfeited for the big move. We have been in the new house for a week now and are just about settled.

In the meantime we are pleased to add that we are now happy with the outcome of our negotiations with Ian Brown.

We look forward to being back on the road when we receive our new van that we have ordered this week for an April /May delivery .

Regards to you all.

Geordie
hi every 1 im new on here and was reading this about lowdhams, I have bought 2 motorhomes from them in the past and dealt with diane and had no real problems. But I know what dealers are like once they have the money there not interested but I would of kicked off big time and parked outside there showroom until I had a new motorhome tossers........so have you got a new motorhome out of them in the end ? I have just sold my dethleffs i7870 a class and looking for the xli globetrotter in white or a burstner elegance 821 2010/11 model if any 1 is selling

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I suspect the sorting out of the customers problems involved no more internet activity on said subject

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back