Are we helping criminals on here? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
David could give me his full weekly itinerary, but I have no idea where Davids house is so how would it help me rob him?

It doesn't take a lot to do assembling snippets.
Or you can do it the easy way & go on the 'Morning thread ' & ask
@big map :LOL:

I did see recently some one scanned in a document ..It had their name and address on it ...Google street view shows their motor home....say no more :eek:

Exactly!

I use a world wide expat forum where someone who used to be a police household crime security 'expert' managed in a series of different threads to tell the area he lived in, his car & a photo of his registration;the fact that his wife was from Colombia & they'd be visiting for a month & the dates; then someone new joined who lived near to him so he told him how to get to his house.:LOL:

Got quite funny when it was pointed out what his job used to be.:D

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
On the BBC "Click" tech programme they did a live show and a guy on stage said he was a physic - he asked a girl if she lived with a priest - her response was that her flat mate had the surname Priest , another couple he asked if they had kids called Megan and George - they said they had cats with those names ..... what the audience were not aware of was was how he knew this ..... they logged on to free WIFI and he had been looking at their Facebook page which had low security settings .....(y)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
history-identity-stolen_identities-credit_card_theft-thief-steal-dwh110304_low.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Problem is a scrote knows /thinks when your MH is not at home you are not (if you keep it at home).So is it worth leaving your pride and joy at a different place?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have you ever considered it's fooling nobody, you just haven't been robbed yet.
No, the 2 feedbacks I've had have been unanimous.
1 my Neighbour called round with a parcel after we'd been away in Benidorm for 2 months and suggested we might need a new TV :LOL:

2 my nephew called round at 4am for some equipment I left out for him. Later he asked "Was Ann still up watching TV?" :ROFLMAO:

Not had chance to speak to any would be burglars yet though.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
as suggested at the top of this thread I am today of all days more aware than most of the determination of a tiny minority to screw up the lives of the massive majority

it has made me think, more than worry, about what I post, there might be a small added risk, but the ability to cross reference requires more aptitude than I credit at least the morons we had trying to get into our place today

the OP makes a good point, but I am not going to make serious adjustment to what I post, but I will be improving the security and make life even harder, to a point where they don't even bother coming in :)(y)

there are so many addresses publicly available on any number of web sites, CL's being an obvious, no end of businesses run from home, we have to give addresses to anybody we want a delivery from, it goes on and on, I totally agree with the concept of not making it easy, but physical defence IMO is the best deterrent

but for anybody who didn't see this on my other thread, there is a serious risk out there :(

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've always been cautious with online info, and I don't do Faecebook full stop.

If you run a personal/business website it's possible to prevent Google indexing certain folders (for example images) by using the ROBOTS NOINDEX protocol - I make good use of it.

The first anybody knows on here about our holiday plans is after we've got back, and I've never posted a close up pic of our MH or house. No point making it easy for the b*stards.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I rarely write down or print my real details out on anything that isn’t related to my tax or income.
I’m even hiding my brain in my avatar so no one can read my thoughts......

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
On a recent trip away we had a phone call from a friend on our mobile to say had the van been stolen as it wasn’t on the drive!! He had come to visit and noticed it was gone!!
We were actually in it thank goodness.:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back