Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
i really rate the divvi yet ive never owned one! just all the bits add up to a great touring bike.shaft drive big understressed lump comfy seat no frills easy to maintain. tried to buy one earlier this year offered the guy 200 pound less than advertised, 6 months later he had dropped it to the price i offered ,id spent my money by then so gutted.thats a big stove for on the bike i have a tiny little thing when i dont have the trailer,but the same one for when i do.judging by the plants in the background you tour in france or spain too.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Ha ha comfy yep but still get a sore arse after a long days ride .But one of the better yams I've had .
The kettle on the top is a meths stove for touring ,the larger one for on site .
Done the Pyrenees a few times ,that was Apolla ,a year or three back.

Sorry @eddievanbitz didn't mean to hijack :xgrin:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We drove into the aire at Honfleur in September when we had our 17 year old Winnebago Brave. We parked next to an almost new French registered Hymer.
I was just getting some dog food out of one of the outside locker when Mr et Mme Hymer got out of their van
Mr stood looking at our van, and hands on hips with a big smile on his face said "C'est une camping car magnifique"
Even an RV is a camping car to the French....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Are we all the same? Yes. All our bottoms,point towards the floor:xsurprised::xThumb:
Tea Bag

Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
Agree call it what you like but was a bit miffed when we converted from tuggers and sold the Navara, my wife insisted on calling Motorhome "truck" but now that's how we refer to it. As it is registered PHGV ( Motorhome) seems apt. Even children ring and ask if we are going trucking at weekend.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Agree call it what you like but was a bit miffed when we converted from tuggers and sold the Navara, my wife insisted on calling Motorhome "truck" but now that's how we refer to it. As it is registered PHGV ( Motorhome) seems apt. Even children ring and ask if we are going trucking at weekend.

Space Truckin' - love it ;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Is it legal to park a Motorhome in a Campingcar Space?
Just a question. Is a Horse box with accomodation for drivers and riders built in,called a .Motorhorseboxhome?:xrofl::xrofl:
Tea Bag

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I don't think I ever suggested one was better than the other... just different. ;)

JJ :cool:

Oh - so you admit yours is inferior then. (y)

:reel:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi.
Is it legal to park a Motorhome in a Campingcar Space?
Just a question. Is a Horse box with accomodation for drivers and riders built in,called a .Motorhorseboxhome?:xrofl::xrofl:
Tea Bag

We could be talking Camperhorseboxvan ;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When chatting to other motor home enthusiasts I always call it 'the van', when talking to the great uneducated ( :) ) I call it a motor home..

Woman calls it a camper, as does my son in law ( and he has had motorhomes since the late 1980's ! )

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
When chatting to other motor home enthusiasts I always call it 'the van', when talking to the great uneducated ( :) ) I call it a motor home..

Woman calls it a camper, as does my son in law ( and he has had motorhomes since the late 1980's ! )
Hi.
Write out 100 times......................
"Woman calls it a Camper,as does my son in law (and he has had motorhomes since the late 1980's")
Admit it, "Woman" has a very tight noose around your neck,so don't tempt her to tighten it further and "Son in Law" could be responsible for the choice of your CARE HOME!
So its a CAMPER!!!!!
Tea Bag

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
It makes no difference to me whether i'm driving our A class or when i was driving our old mobile wardrobe, Jane's still packs it with as much stuff as possible:rolleyes:

It's the people not the vehicle:xThumb:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Quiet day was it Eddie :xwink: We go away in the Moho or the Van :xsmile:

Snap!! :xgrin:

MoHo or Van for us too - except when I forget and call it a caravan (well we did have caravans for over 30 years!!) then I am in real trouble from Mrs Teuchter!! :xblink:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Refreshing?. What`s in a name?. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" (WS I think?). I suspect that the better description might well be the French "Camping Car", as being probably more descriptive?. I still often refer to the "Wendy House on wheels" as the R-V! though, likely out of habit. (sad?):(.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I like all vans motor homes campers camping cars any leisure vehicle there is a leisure vehicle for everyone.They are all different just like there owners when all the different people can accept different peoples choices and opinions.We can all be different and happy individuals camping and living

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back