Are there such things as cargo straps for my bathroom cabinet? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
We have just changed from a Rapido to a Burstner. In the bathroom cabinets of the Rapido there were duel elastic straps. You could pop all of your toiletries behind these straps and they kept everything secure when travelling, they were fantastic! I really miss them in the Burstner, but am having no joy trying to buy said straps to add into my new bathroom cabinet.
Does anybody have a clue where I can source these from?
If any Rapido owners out there could post a pic of what I'm talking about, that would be very helpful too! Many thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could make your own - just screw a cup hook on each of the inside side panels for each shelf and fit some elastic between them, then if you want you can adjust/remove as necessary. You could put a 3rd hook in the centre to make it more taught if you want. Personally I just use tubs of various sizes which stuff fits in, that way if anything gets spilt/leaks it is contained rather than messing up the whole shelf.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We use sprung loaded poles which you can position height wise to suit your needs.

1624127882965.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Our Hymer has the elastic straps on the washroom cab.
I made some myself for the garage shelves. I used black shockcord I think it was 4mm and used stainless steel saddles to retain it.
Excellent, that looks like the stuff I need, thank you very much

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Here is a pic of the ones I did in the garage.

View attachment 508591
Oh yes, very nice! I've managed to pick up some bits from B & Q earlier, but what have you used to secure them to the sides please? I bought 4mm bungee rope, with the hooks to attach to the ends, and some cup hooks to attach to the cupboard itself. Yours look particularly neat though!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Oh yes, very nice! I've managed to pick up some bits from B & Q earlier, but what have you used to secure them to the sides please? I bought 4mm bungee rope, with the hooks to attach to the ends, and some cup hooks to attach to the cupboard itself. Yours look particularly neat though!
I used these or very similar.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I’m always amazed at just how much ‘stuff’ people need. hand soap, shower gel tooth paste tooth brush electric shaver is about all that’s needed but maybe I’m wrong 😑

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m always amazed at just how much ‘stuff’ people need. hand soap, shower gel tooth paste tooth brush electric shaver is about all that’s needed but maybe I’m wrong 😑
Got to use up all that payload somehow. :rofl:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What ... no deodorant! 😱 You must be a very smelly cat! :sick:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Being serious this time! :giggle:

Toiletry wise we each just have as you've said for our basic needs including deodorant, hubby has his aftershave and there's hairspray for me which gets used once a year if at all but keep it just in case we go out for a meal. In addition to the other personal hygiene stuff we have nail scissors, files etc and also the usual medical bits and bobs such as first aid kit (plasters, bandages, dressings, antiseptic spray etc) however I needs various mozzie/midge/insect bite repellents and 'after bite' treatments as I react VERY badly to them so am on high dose anti-histamines which can only be obtained from a doctor on prescription, then there's paracetamol/ibuprofen (for me and hubby), and hubby has his own meds for his gammy hip and knee. In addition we have stuff for the dogs too as one of ours is very reactive to bites (nearly lost her once) so we carry stuff to treat her, one of our other dogs is very prone to an upset tummy which rumbles away and she won't eat so we have meds for that and for them generally (eg self-gripping bandages so that we don't have to try to use tape which of course always gets wet and comes unstuck!). then there's stuff like hair bands, clips, scrunchies etc (for me not hubby :giggle:) and baby wipes for hubby to give his feet a clean when required (pongy at times :sick: ).

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
What ... no deodorant! 😱 You must be a very smelly cat! :sick:
No no deodorant, check out the chemicals and you may just find you place yours in the bin. Seriously Humans just don’t need it all they need to do is wash with soap and water 👍

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
We use sprung loaded poles which you can position height wise to suit your needs.

View attachment 508494

This thread made me search online, and I came across these .... there is even a picture of them being used in a MH/ caravan

Amazon product ASIN B07FNF51M7
I bought these and was very pleased with myself even used them in the fridge too. Unfortunately when I was in the bathroom I couldn’t understand why the cupboard door wouldn’t close properly. Shock horror the poles had pushed the slides of the cupboard slightly out of line with the door. Maybe use just whilst on the move then remove, bit of a pain though. I’ve always thought that manufactures skimp on the little things, some elastic / or similar guards wouldn’t costs them much but make a big difference - should be height adjustable ones in all the cupboards. I remember one year we had just got on ‘the tunnel’ and my youngest went to the loo then decided to clean his teeth (early crossing) he opened the bathroom cupboard to get the toothpaste and my ‘Liz Earle’ moisturiser dropped out and straight into the loo which he of course hadn’t closed 🙄. He was really upset bless him…
The spring loaded poles work great in the fridge & freezer though.
We do have a bit of a routine when we have a quick stop for snacks the kids assume the crash positions as not sure what will fall on them when we open the snack cupboard 😂

Upvote 0

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Here is a pic of the ones I did in the garage.

View attachment 508591
I've used the springy metal and hook/eye ends intended for hanging net curtains. Cut to length for the right tension and only small holes required for the fastenings. Comes as a kit from B&Q etc and cheap as chips. If you've a larger cupboard, lucky you, use two per bay.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Being serious this time! :giggle:

Toiletry wise we each just have as you've said for our basic needs including deodorant, hubby has his aftershave and there's hairspray for me which gets used once a year if at all but keep it just in case we go out for a meal. In addition to the other personal hygiene stuff we have nail scissors, files etc and also the usual medical bits and bobs such as first aid kit (plasters, bandages, dressings, antiseptic spray etc) however I needs various mozzie/midge/insect bite repellents and 'after bite' treatments as I react VERY badly to them so am on high dose anti-histamines which can only be obtained from a doctor on prescription, then there's paracetamol/ibuprofen (for me and hubby), and hubby has his own meds for his gammy hip and knee. In addition we have stuff for the dogs too as one of ours is very reactive to bites (nearly lost her once) so we carry stuff to treat her, one of our other dogs is very prone to an upset tummy which rumbles away and she won't eat so we have meds for that and for them generally (eg self-gripping bandages so that we don't have to try to use tape which of course always gets wet and comes unstuck!). then there's stuff like hair bands, clips, scrunchies etc (for me not hubby :giggle:) and baby wipes for hubby to give his feet a clean when required (pongy at times :sick: ).
Wow that's quite a list, I also never use aftershave (I would probably forget to put it on), This modern world would have us believe its a requirement along with deodorant/antiperspirant but I do understand that people like using it and why not if people like it.

Hairbands clips or scrunchies (is a mystery to the male world) My wife has minimal of these things and has with what I call the Joannah Lummley Gene (always looks drop dead gorgeous even if we have just hiked through a rain storm).

No dogs so we don't have to worry about them So with our minimalist packing our bathroom cabinet really does not have very much in, and the first aid stuff in a bag in a draw, ready to be pulled out and dropped in to a day bag or rucksack.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back