Are there other Adria Coral Plus 670 DC owners out there? (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2019
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus 670
Exp
We’re new. Bought first MH March 2021
Hi. First post from a couple who've been members of the Motorhome Fun community for more than a year - during which time we've enjoyed reading posts and learning from others' experiences. We've just bought our first MH, after withdrawing from a purchase a year ago - just as the first lockdown began. Really delighted to have found an Adria that pretty much fits our ideal specification. We intend to use it for extended (2-3 month) trips abroad, once it is possible to do so. In the meantime we hope to explore the East Coast and beyond this summer, familiarising ourselves with the MH and working out what we need to carry, where to stow it etc. It would be good to make contact with others who have the same vehicle, so we can pick up some tips. We have lots of questions, inevitably!

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi Chris and Tim i have a Adria Coral 690 SC Platinum for a couple of years now and still finding my way round it and very pleased with it and if there are any questions i can help you with i will be glad to assist !

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
If you are on Facebook there’s a good group there called Adria Motorhome Owners. Lots of useful info there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Dec 6, 2019
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus 670
Exp
Brilliant. Thank you everyone. We take delivery from Pullingers in a couple or 3 weeks' time. First task is to find somewhere close by where we can store it. Is it worth buying a cover? We're having a solar panel fitted and need to decide whether to acquire a second leisure battery - with our ambition to mix campsites with wild camping for 3-4 days at a time in mind. Understanding that weight might be an issue, we're intending to uprate above 3,500kg. Is that something you've done? Also, we'd be grateful for suggestions about how best to use the storage available. Do you use stackable storage boxes in the garage? Finally, thanks IRHP for the tip about the Facebook group.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
do you cover your car?if like most of us thats a no why would you cover youir van? second battery is always worthwhile if you intend to wild camp
uprating will depend if you have c 1 on your licence? if this is a new van they can often be rtegistered at a higher weight for no cost speak to the dealer before its registered

Upvote 1
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have tried a cover and even though they sat they are breathable they are not really.
Also you would need to cut a hole for your solar panel 🤣

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Dec 6, 2019
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus 670
Exp
do you cover your car?if like most of us thats a no why would you cover youir van? second battery is always worthwhile if you intend to wild camp
uprating will depend if you have c 1 on your licence? if this is a new van they can often be rtegistered at a higher weight for no cost speak to the dealer before its registered
Hi. That's a fair point. I guess the reason I have covering in mind is the amount of money that I've had to spend to acquire this vehicle, as compared to my car! I have C1 on my licence and there and a half years before hitting the magic 70 - so it seems to be a sensible thing to do. I have yet to find out how Adria calculate the available weight, but am aware that there is no common standard across manufacturers - which seems slightly crazy. Also, do MH owners really care about limits. How often do the police in the UK and abroad check?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hello.
We fitted out the garage using lightweight plywood and put a false floor across to make an area to slide the chairs, wind-break and other stuff. We then carpeted the whole think out using a black fibrebonded carpet. We also put a 240v and 12v combined socket in there to run the fridge and put some LED strip lights in the garage and in the large wardrobes under the single beds.
If you want any pictures just PM me.
Yes, we also updated to 4100kg by fitting rear air assist ÂŁ400 (fitted) and we used John Ruffles to do the paperwork. We had got quite a surprise when we visited the weighbridge for the first time we went out as we were 25kg overweight and that was not fully loaded with clothes and food and bits (wine). He was most helpful and the process was relatively painless.
Hope that this is of assistance.
Happy travels đź‘Ť

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
If you don't care for the legal side what about the safety of tyre loading in particular..
A blowout at the wrong time could see off your dream.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Dec 6, 2019
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus 670
Exp
If you don't care for the legal side what about the safety of tyre loading in particular..
A blowout at the wrong time could see off your dream.
I agree. I just picked up that whilst weight is in the forefront of peoples' minds when they are looking to buy, it doesn't seem to be such a preoccupation, or topic of conversation, once they own a MH.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi. We have a Matrix 670SL. if we can be of help just ask. Like us, I'm sure you'll enjoy your first MH you'll have smiles a mile wide on that first trip.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi BnBJwF I'm sure you're correct, but I thought the max gvw with rear air assist was 3850kgs, at least that's what ours is.

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Hi Chris and Tim i have a Adria Coral 690 SC Platinum for a couple of years now and still finding my way round it and very pleased with it and if there are any questions i can help you with i will be glad to assist !

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
We have the same MH.

Attachments

• 0E488494-6905-4B75-8009-6BF8A3DB11D7.jpeg
    0E488494-6905-4B75-8009-6BF8A3DB11D7.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries