Are there ant Solo rallies in November or do we just turn up at normal meetings (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just come to any of the meets .... there are always solo travellers in with the couples ....

Not many meets this time of year but it all takes off again next Spring ...

If you look on the Rallies you may see some that interest you ...

I am sure other solos will be along soon to welcome you. Hello from me. :)

@Cal54 @Wendo55 @andy63 @Langtoftlad @Debs @Blossom @SueTayBon @Fletton
@Muriel
@Indy259

To name but a few.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi and welcome to fun. .. hope you enjoy the forum ,and as joy said , have a look at the rallies and meets section and put yourself down for some...
I think the ladies have a few exclusive meet ups which if you were interested in I'm sure you would be made welcome. ..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Welcome to MH Fun
. As others have said, get along to a rally/meet and you will quite likely meet a number of solo travellers.

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hey up!.. @Linda jane

Hello and wecome to the wonderful world of Fun...

I be a full timer.... but haven’t been to many rallies - circumstances rather not liking this motly crowd... you know the saying... “man makes plans and the Gods laugh”...

So for moi... whilst not at a meet.... this forum is a bit like sitting in the pub - but in ya Moho... sorta thing... (when your out there on ya todd) .

I’m sure you’ve seen some of the threads on here...

Oh! and such a mix too... best arm one’s self with a thick skin as there’s a lot of par-taking of the !ish.. and general ribbing...

BTW there is a full timer section on here somewhere... although I find myself lurking and posting anywhere and everywhere on here... but usually in the U shaped lounge...

John T

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & hello from me too:hi:.

Hope you do try a meet sometime as Joy says but I've already posted that on your other thread:D.

Failing that just have a nosey around the forum and join in or lurk, whatever you feel comfy with(y)

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Hi thanks debs
Not very good with technology I'd rather turn up and meet face to face hope to meet you somewhere one day for that cup of tea

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome from me too. Best thing I ever did was join this brilliant group. Unfortunately, not the best time of year for rallies/meets, but keep your eyes on the forum and add yourself to everything!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks John
What's a full timer excuse my ignorance
Hope to meet you one day when the gods allow :)
A full timer is someone who lives in their Moho full time rather than for holidays. (y)
Oh, and welcome.:)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Linda jane Welcome..
As said just hit it at the "low season" for meets and rallies, unless your one of the lucky ones heading for the sun in Spain, Portugal or Morocco :) There are a few planned but like most they get filled very quickly..

Ref the technology and a couple of things that may help you..

If you do the "@" symbol before someones name that will alert them that they have been mentioned. Handy for when you want them to see something or maybe get a reaction.. Once you start typing if will also bring up the names and you can click from there.

Using the "quote" on the bottom right of a thread is handy when you want to reply to something specific and avoids your answers getting mixed within the thread..

Enjoy the Fun... (y)

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
@Linda jane Welcome..
As said just hit it at the "low season" for meets and rallies, unless your one of the lucky ones heading for the sun in Spain, Portugal or Morocco :) There are a few planned but like most they get filled very quickly..

Ref the technology and a couple of things that may help you..

If you do the "@" symbol before someones name that will alert them that they have been mentioned. Handy for when you want them to see something or maybe get a reaction.. Once you start typing if will also bring up the names and you can click from there.

Using the "quote" on the bottom right of a thread is handy when you want to reply to something specific and avoids your answers getting mixed within the thread..

Enjoy the Fun... (y)
Thanks for this so much to learn ... keeps the altzhiemers at bay.
Lj

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
Not very good with technology I'd rather turn up and meet face to face hope to meet you somewhere one day for that cup of tea
I agree but I'd recommend familiarising yourself with the site, especially Forums and Rallies (at the top of this page), even put your name down to join a few rallies next year. When I started out, I learned so much from exploring on here, and I promise you, I am not a techie buff! Good luck and welcome!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And there are always the Scottish Rallies in June next year - where you would be very welcome - especially if you are prepared to dance!!!!!!

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
I was the first to reply ... you are as loopy as the rest of us... You will fit in fine.
Sorry movan your right getting looper all the time. Oh dear best get going soon before they come for me.
Lj

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Welcome @Linda jane as @movan says have a look at the Schedule rallies and proposed rally threads and if you like the sound of it put your name down. Hope to meet you at a rally soon.

Dont know whats up with John @Fletton though, he sounds like a farmer in his earlier post and I thought you were a bricky :)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Welcome....

Dont know whats up with John @Fletton though, he sounds like a farmer in his earlier post and I thought you were a bricky :)

@Blossom ... Ha!... I is... but I is heading doen Torbay way today... in fact.. just parked up west of Stratford - pubstop - The Fish Inn... Sooo jus practicing the lingo!.. :D

Edit:... BTW can recommend the place (y)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Lucky you hope you have a good week and the sun comes out for you :cool:

@Linda jane .... believe it or not...
I’m off down there to help bro out - babysitting a wee lad who’s not long past a year old.. oh!... and no doubt a few diy jobs whilst there too...

Here’s Finley - his first taste of scrambled egg... when I was there in Aug... ha! Couldn’t resist taking the pic to send to my ma...

C7C22D8E-BA8F-4B38-9A59-F13C5500C680.jpeg

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
How could that face be because of scrambled egg?it's the best brecky ever. . Well it may not be a holiday but it sounds like it will be fun.
Lj

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
How could that face be because of scrambled egg?it's the best brecky ever. . Well it may not be a holiday but it sounds like it will be fun.
Lj

It’ll deffo be fun... as everything is... when you’re not “working for the man”... :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lj
As Fletton's a brickie I suspect he 'scrambled' the egg in a cement mixer! :LOL:

Welcome to the fun house Linda!
:hiya:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi iv just joined the site and want to know how to go about meeting other solo travelers
Welcome to the mad house. I am also a fulltimer and a solo traveller. Much fun to be had with the gang on here (y)

I am sure other solos will be along soon to welcome you. Hello from me. :)

@Cal54 @Wendo55 @andy63 @Langtoftlad @Debs @Blossom @SueTayBon @Fletton
@Muriel
@Indy259

To name but a few.
And you missed me out @movan :cry::p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries